16. Illuminated

"So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall asks us

"So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall asks us. After rescuing Kira the police came to arrest Barrow... If he's still alive. He looked pretty dead to me.

And Kira... I think she's a Kitsune. As a little kid I always wanted to meet one, my father used to tell me stories about them. But I'm not so sure if she knows she's one, she looked confused.

"At the same time." Stiles answers him.

"At the same time as who?"

"Same time as me." Scott tells him.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asks him.

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asks him, and I can see his father getting frustrated by our answers. Well, their answers, I haven't said anything yet.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles tells Scott.

"I think he's asking the both of you." Lydia says to them.

"Okay, let me answer the questions... Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles answers him. 

"How did you know he'd rake her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles." Agent McCall says to him, not really convinced.

"Yeah, what can I cay? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." He smiles at his father, who can't help but snort. Agent McCall turns around to look at the Sheriff. Sheriff Stilinski coughs, "Stiles, just, uh... Just answer the man."

"We made a good guess." Stiles says to Scott's father. 

"What were the two of you doing?" Agent McCall asks Scott and Kira.

"Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi."

They speak at the same time and awkwardly look at each other.

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza."

Again, at the same time. Yeah, uhuh, this is convincing. Agent McCall looks at them, and I can't read his expression.

"Eating sushi and pizza." They now say at the same time.

"You believe this?" Agent McCall asks the Sheriff.