5

When she got back to the Agreste's, she took a quick shower and looked through her clothes. She picked out black jeans and a faded red T-shirt. She grabbed her letterman jacket as she walked out of her room.

"Where you going?" Adrien asked.

"Just around the city. Should I tell Nathalie or something?"

"Yeah, she's probably in her office. Are you going with someone?"

"I'm meeting Nathaniel."

"Nathalie might be able to give you a ride if you want."

"Cool. Thanks."

She walked through the empty house until she found Nathalie getting a bottle of coffee creamer from the kitchen.

"Going somewhere?"

"Uh yeah. Can I?"

"Be back by 8:30, or you may not get back in the house. I'm going somewhere, and I'm not sure Mr. Agreste will notice the doorbell."

"Ok...Adrien said you might have the time to drive me. It's okay if you don't though."

"I'm sorry, but I'm very busy. I'll arrange for a driver. Come with me."

She led [y/n] back to her office and got on the phone. It was less than a minute when she hung up.

"Adrien's bodyguard will take you even though he is currently with family. He will arrive in a few minutes. You can wait here and I'll tell him when he's here."

"Thank you."

She looked up seemingly confused but immediately started working again.

She texted Nathaniel, and he said he'd be waiting for her in fifteen minutes. She looked up at Nathalie, who was typing away. She opened a game on her phone and played it half heartedly.

"He's outside."

"Thanks again, ma'am," she said with a smile and left.

The affectionately nicknamed Gorilla got out and held the door open for her. She thanked him as she crawled in.

"Where to, madam?" he asked as he pulled out of the drive.

"As close to the Eiffel Tower as you can get, please."

He nodded and drove her in silence. She played another game without much interest.

The car stopped, and she was at the tower. "Thank you," she said quickly as she got out. She closed the door and made her way over to the carousel.

Nathaniel was waiting for her on a bench, drawing.

"Hey," she greeted as she came up behind him.

"Hey. Where are we going?"

"Wherever we end up?"

He smiled, and they started walking. They talked about random stuff as they walked around, Nathaniel pointing things out every once in a while.

It was already 8, but she didn't want to go back. She hated the idea of going back to that cold house, even if she could hang with Adrien.

She told Nathaniel her curfew, and he sighed. "I'll walk you back."

"Okay. Let me text Nathalie and see if we have any more time."

She got a text back immediately, asking her to be back as soon as she could.

"Maybe we can meet again tomorrow?"

"Sure," he replied with a smile. She put her phone in her pocket and bumped her hand against Nathaniel's. His eyes met her, and she smiled and took his hand.

After walking silently most of the way, Nathaniel broke the silence. "You called me cute earlier today, didn't you?"

"Oh, yeah. I did."

"Like...how?"

"What?"

"Like I know," he sighed as they approached the Agreste's estate.

"I'll see you tomorrow maybe?"

"Yeah."

"Night," she turned.

"Wait," she turned back, "You look really nice," he said shakily.

Her face warmed and she smiled shyly. "Thanks."

"Goodnight."

"Night."

She pressed a button, and the camera emerged before the gate opened. They looked at each other awkwardly. She rolled her eyes and hugged him, standing on her tiptoes. He pulled her to him, his arms around her lower back.

She finally let go and backed inside the gate. It changed shut, and she ran inside.