Chapter 10 -Everybody Loves the Rainbow-

Start from the beginning

"She said you promised to help her pick a new lamp at the mall?" she stated... More like questioned, I guess.

Oh... That. But I thought that was next week?

"I'll be down in a minute... Wait. Make that 5 minutes. Thanks!" I told mom, and before she can reply, I went to the bathroom and did my thing. I put my now frizzy looking hair into a loose ponytail and put on my geeky glasses.

I went down the stairs and saw Summer and Jackson sitting on the couch while my mother talked to them enthusiastically.

"Crystal!" Summer squealed, making cringe. "Crystaaaallll!" I heard Jackson squeal too and saw him run towards me with his hands open wide, his mouth open ready to lick me.

I jumped to the side, making Jackson hug the air and taste the floor.

He groaned out loud while Summer laughed at him openly. Mom scowled at me, "Crystal! Poor Jackson just wanted a hug!" I rolled my eyes at Jackson who was giving me a playful scowl.

"Mom, It's okay." I told her and turned to Summer, "I thought we were going next week?" I asked her.

She looked sheepish and mumbled, "Like, umm... I thought like, we can, like, hang out, like, today?"

I was about to decline, because I was planning on drawing something for my blog, but when I saw Summer's sad look when she realized I was about to decline her offer, I sighed. "Where we gonna go?"

.............................................…..

"Oh my peeling potato!" I exclaimed as I practically inhaled the cupcakes on the table, "This is the best cupcake shop ever!"

"Feelin' ya, sis!" Jackson agreed as he also practically inhaled the cupcakes.

Tell you the truth, this is one of the best days of my life! At first, we were shopping for a lamp, but then, Summer got all, "Ugh, like, boooriiinngg." and then pulled Jackson and I to the car and drove to the nearest Forever21 and they shopped like crazy! It was fun watching them change to different outfits. They tried to force me in a blue dress but I refused.

Jackson came out in that blue dress, making me think that if he moved another muscle, he'll need to pay for it.

I didn't try on clothes but I did look at accessories. They had the cutest accessories.

After that, we went to the park and played with little kids. Me and Summer were playing with them very maturely... But Jackson? Let's just say he was having a wrestling match with the kids for the soccer ball.

And here we are now, eating cupcakes in the most awesome-est awesomely awesome cupcake shop!

Well, it was awesome, until a guy who looked like he just had a run-in with a rainbow vomiting leprechaun came and ruined it all.

"Why it's Nerdy and friends! How fun!" he told Lyle. Summer gave them a fake smile and said, "Why, it's, like, Super Ugly and sidekick! Like, awesome! Like, what happened to you? Rainbow is, like, not your color!" She laughed.

Zayden's face turned red with embarrassment while he glared at her, "I'm here with my family." He mumbled.

Then, as if on cue, squeals of two babies echoed through the room.

"My! Crystal!" Zayden's mom exclaimed, "So glad to see you here!" she jogged her way through me and gave me a big hug. Then came the whole family. Glen, Zayden's grandmother, grabbed my face and gave me big noisy kisses on both cheeks, then turned to Summer and Jackson and said, "Are these your friends?"

I nodded, then turn to the two,"Run" I mouthed. They gave me a weird look before turning their gazes back to Glen.

"Come here and give this grandma some hugs and kisses!" Glen laughed excitedly before grabbing them both by the waist and squeezed the life out of them. While Summer was trying to get out of the hug, Jackson was hugging Glen back like she's his long lost grandmother. 

I was waiting for Glen to let go of the two when I felt someone's presence behind me and I felt a small hand pull my hair. I turned around and found baby Tiana gurgling at me.

"Hey baby girl!" I cooed. She spread her arms and started to gurgle. Suddenly, Zayden is in front of me taking Tiana out of my reach.

"No, Tiana. You are coming with me." Zayden said in a baby voice. Tiana looked confused, but hugged her uncle's neck. I rolled my eyes at him and went to baby Trent, who was laughing at Summer and Jackson who are still being crushed by Glen.

When Trent saw me he immediately thrust his hands towards me and squealed. I grinned and went to him, "Hey buddy!" I greeted and took him from his father's arms, but not before greeting Cole. Cole greeted me back and ruffled my hair, "You're getting real good with my babies." he complimented.

I thanked him and started to play with Trent. Then, as always, Zayden tries t o take him away from me. When Trent was out of my arms and into his uncle's, Trent Stared at me with wide watery eyes and a pouty bottom lip. And then he screamed.

"It's okay, You're okay buddy." Zayden tried to calm Trent down but to no avail, Trent continued to cry his lungs out.

When Glen heard her great grand baby cry, she quickly- and finally- released Summer and Jackson. She then turned to Trent and glared at Zayden.

Let's just say grandma Glen is very protective of her great grand children.

--------------------------------

FINALLY! I know, and I'm really sorry for taking a very long time! Please understand!

love you all!

Show me your love!

-proud2bme-