The Warehouse

(I would like to apologize for the long wait, This chapter is very crammed up because I wanted to make up for the long wait. I hope you still enjoy.)

The morning couldn't have come any quicker. Last night after the phone call Connor was immediately kicked out of Gavin's room to deal with his problem elsewhere. Gavin awoke to Ginger kneading his stomach and purring. He smiled and petted the cat.

The smell of bacon suddenly hit his nose, that damn plastic prick is making him breakfast. He got up, putting his robe back on and started walking down the hall. It was definitely close to noon judging by how high the sun was in the sky. When Gavin turned the corner, he expected to see Connor. But he wasn't there. There was a small plate of eggs, bacon and toast. Along with a small note.

Gavin Reed,

We hope you don't mind, but we had to borrow your pet robot.

I would go into detail, but you should already know.

Though, if it really means that much, you'd be willing to take his place.

Meet us outside Jimmy's bar, and we'll take you from there.

Don't even think of informing anyone, you android.

Gavin didn't know how to react. He looked around his house. There was no sign of a break in. But then again these guys were skilled. A look of pure disgust glazed across his face. Even after last nights fiasco, he started to warm up towards Connor in the little time he's been around. Enough to at least not jump at his touch... His? Okay, maybe enough to see him as another being.

"He doesn't deserve this." Gavin grabbed his house phone and emergency dialed Elijah.

"Yes, brother?"

"I don't have time for this Elijah. Connor's been taken. There willing to exchange him for me," He emphasised at the end.

Elijah remained quiet. Long enough for Gavin to continue.

"I will need you to alert the police instead of me."

"Then, you're expecting me to say..."

"Yes. I'll message you the note before I leave."

Gavin did as he said he would. Once it's known at the DPD, he'll just go into hiding. Elijah always had that window open for a safe place with him once more.

He turned to his cat, and gave him a quick peck on the head. "Hold down the fort you little rascal." And with that, Gavin was out the door towards his desired location at Jimmy's bar to wait. He could've taken his car, but that would've caused this stupid gang to get suspicious. They definitely knew that the DPD had small tracking devices on their vehicles.

On his way, conveniently, it began to rain. He didn't bring an umbrella with him because he just didn't want to. Hugging his jacket closer since he still had the desire to blend in with the few people who were out early in the morning.

Once he arrived at Jimmy's bar, which was currently closed, he noticed a tall woman in a suit. His quick analysis was shortened once she noticed him.

"Gavin Reed, at least that's what you're known by," she said. Gavin snickered at her remark, but she was clearly not having it. " Do you wish to wait until they've taken that Rk800 completely apart?"

"You mean Connor?" Gavin immediately stopped laughing and instead his piercing eyes seemed to cause shivers down her spine. "I'll keep my side of that deal, as long as you keep yours." She rolled her eyes and started walking down the alleyways. Gavin kept his guard up, and was sure to leave a small trail of his blue blood which he got from pricking his finger with his sharp nails.

After 30 minutes they arrived at a warehouse, and she stood at the entrance. She motioned for him to enter, which he complied. However, when he opened the door the littlest bit she fricking kicked him in the ass, pushing him inside, and causing him to fall to the ground in pain.

"You fucking bitch!" He yelled, his voice echoing off the walls.

"Gavin?" another voice echoed back. IT sounded exactly like Connor.

"Connor! Where are you?" Gavin called out immediately. There was no response. Gavin quickly rushed to his knees and ran in the direction the voice was coming from. His systems senses were heightened as he carefully jogged through the warehouse. There were boxes and crates everywhere, making it difficult to differentiate where his companion could be.

....

........

Companion?

'whatever, I need to find Connor and get him out of here' Gavin thought.

"Gavin? Is that you?" A voice came from behind. Gavin turned on his heels to see Connor standing only a few feet away.

"Connor?"

"It is you." Connor smiled. "You came for me."

Something is off. Connor began walking towards Gavin, slowly...too slowly.

"What do they do to you, dipshit?" Gavin asked aggressively. This, Connor, didn't even respond. Once in the light Gavin caught a glimpse at it's eyes. They were blue instead of brown. "Shit."

Gavin moved to grab his gun, and he aimed it at this imposter. That caused it to stop moving towards him. A speaker above him turned on, and he cringed at the screech the microphone made. Then a raspy voice came from it.

"I've been wondering when I'd get to play with you Gavin. All this time you've been hiding under everyone's nose, undetected. So you thought."

The voice was completely unrecognisable. This was not a person he knew personally on any level.

"Oh Gavin, please put the gun down." It said.

"Not a chance, fucker." Gavin threatened taking a step closer. "Now, you are going to lead me to the real Connor."

It pretended to look confused and scared. Putting its hands up innocently. Gavin had no problem shooting it in the arm as another warning.

"Now!" Gavins eyes held no more remorse. Not for this faker anyway. It's eyes still held the fake shock, and the idea of betrayal was in it's eyes.

"Wow Gavin, I never thought you'd shoot your own kind. But then again, you're probably just jealous of their advancements. I wouldn't blame you."

Gavin mentally shook his head. This asshole really didn't know Gavins intelligence, or rather, programming. He had an idea, but it could end terribly if done incorrectly. But there is really no way this Connor, is the one he knows.

"Last chance asshole, take me to Connor. Or I'll blast you fucking brain in." He took a step closer to the faker. It carefully stood up and it's face slowly contorted into an inhumanly wide smile. Turning on it's heels, it started walking around the crates. Gavin cautiously followed. Keeping an eye on everything, taking notes on every little thing.

"You shouldn't have come here Gavin." That was Connor's voice, crying. Gavin turned around to see Connor in a small cage. Crouched over like a damned dog. Though what really stuck out, was his brown eyes. "Their going to kill us. Their gonna kill you."

Gavin froze. He ran to Connor and grabbed his hand. Until the other Connor grabbed Gavins gun and aimed it right back at Gavin.