First Night

Gavin was already waiting for Connor at the door by 7:12. What he wasn't expecting was for Hank to storm up to him, glaring. Guess Hank didn't take the news very well.

“Why do I need to let my boy stay with you for such a long time?” He growled. It was obvious that Hank was doing his best to keep his hands in his pockets. If Gavin wanted to remain unharmed, he would have to choose his words carefully.

“Here's the thing, I don't want your… boy at my house either. But if it's Fowler's orders…” He dragged out. The anger in Hanks eyes, thankfully, dropped and he seemed more relaxed.

“Don't do anything rough to him” and Hank patted his back, before leaving. It was odd seeing Lieutenant Anderson being so kind all of a sudden, as well as touching him without any harm intended. Gavin turned, and came eye to eye with Connor.

It did just hit 7:14 after all.

“I'm here detective. Shall he head to your house?”

Instead of answering, Gavin just turned on his heels and started the walk home. Connor followed.

For the first 4 minutes it was quiet, to Gavin's liking. It meant he wouldn't have to speak with Connor. However it clearly wasn't to last.

“Do you know why I must remain by your side? I'm not complaining Gavin, I'm just curious” Connor asked. Of course he would ask why wouldn't he. Gavin looked at Connors confused face, but it was also analysing Gavin's movements. Clearly checking to see if he was lying. Cute. Wait… not in that way… whatever. At this point Gavin just wanted Connor to shut up.

“I don't.”

“Really?” Connor asked once more.

“For fucks sake” Gavin mutters. “No, I don't!”

Connor shut up for a moment. It was obvious he kind of regretted pushing if Gavin didn't know. It was obvious Gavin was annoyed, but he did flinch a small but after the little out burst. But Connor still couldn't blame him.
When they were only 2 blocks away from his house, they came across a cat. Without thinking, Gavin kneeled down and gave it some scratches behind the ear. Connor caught a glimpse of Gavin smiling. A genuine smile. Connor would be lying if he said he wasn't entirely jealous of the cat right now.

When they finally reached Gavin's house, they were met with a Gavin's cat Ginger waiting outside with a dead mouse at his paws. Gavin picked the mouse up and tossed it from his doorstep into the trash at the front of his lawn. He opened the door and Ginger ran inside and hopped onto the counter top in the kitchen. They both remove their shoes and Connor closes the door behind them.

“This is my cat, his name is Ginger. Don't give him treats after 8” Gavin informs Connor while giving his cat a quick pet. He leads Connor down the hall as he opens one of the doors to a room with a twin bed, a chair, and a dresser.

“I suspect you already know where my bathroom is, and my room is right through here” he says the last part knocking on the wall. “Don't break the fucking walls, got it prick?”

Connor held back at the nickname but nodded. This was Gavin's house and he would do his best not to harm his host… unless he wanted to. Connor smiled at that thought, but quickly brushed it off. Gavin would probably never consent to it, due to their history. But Connor could still hope.

“You gonna say anything, or are you going to continue staring at me like some creep?”

“Ah sorry detective, I was thinking about…”

“Don't tell me you get… oh no… does that mean? Oh god.”

“You didn't know what I was going to say detective.”

“I don't need to know, I'm already scared enough by the images going through my head.” But Gavin didn't entirely mind the thoughts, he just didn't want Connor too close. He just didn't want a repeat of the investigation room.

“Ah I understand. Would like me to prepare you something to eat?”

“Uh… sure.”

Later that evening, Connor made some chicken parmesan, with a side of Brussel sprouts and asparagus. Gavin didn't complain. Even though he was an android, he could still taste and digest food. He let some random show about a vampire and a succubus, or whatever play in the background as he ate in silence.

At some point, Gavin had fallen into a light slumber, and Connor took this time to look around some more to learn more about Gavin. He looked at the photo of Elijah and him once more, and analysed it. It was definitely Elijah who was in the photo, but Gavin… it said he was deceased.

Looking back at Gavin, Connor felt his forehead. Warm, blood pressure is normal. Was there something wrong on his programming, or specifically, his analysing? He looked at the photo again. It said “Gavin Reed: deceased

Birthdate: October 7th 2002 - 2021

Siblings: Elijah (half-brother)”

How on earth could this be? There was literally no way this could be possible.

Connor walked up to Gavin,no longer caring about the promise he made a few days ago about not analysing or checking Gavin's personal records. He wanted to know, and he wanted to know now…

……….

But the same thing came up. Connor thought some more. He laughed at himself for a moment. It probably was just a fault in his programming. He didn't really need as much anymore, so it probably just got a little rusty or something. Either way he's just overthinking this.

To be nice to his host, he figured he'd just carry him to bed. Little to his knowledge, Gavin's been awake the whole time, and took glee in watching him struggle with himself. But when Connor kneeled beside him and put one arm under his back, and the other under his knee and picked him up, he had to try his hardest to keep his systems under control.

Connor entered Gavin's room and laid him down on his bed. Thankfully Gavin folded his covers at the foot of his bed so Connor could just tuck him in.

Gavin allowed his systems to slowly shut themselves off for a few hours to recharge. But before they could, he felt a pair of synthetic lips touch his forehead.

Connor pulled away, a guilty smile on his face as he started to close the door.

“Goodnight Gavin.”