007 - Friendship = Confusion

≫ ──── ≪•◦ Y/Ns POV ◦•≫ ──── ≪

I knock on Laurences door and just like before. "Y/N! HEY!!!" I climb up his window with the ladder he left there.

I enter his room like I used to when we were younger.

"Damn I miss that ladder." I say playfully.

Laurence goes behind me and shakes me.

"Something's wrong with my best friend!" He jokes.

"Haha." I laugh sarcastically.

"So Y/N what happened at Sasha's house?" He asks in a tone implying he's serious.

"Oh hey let's watch some tv!" I say pointing at his tv trying to change the topic.

He grabs the remote from his bed and turns off the tv.

"Oh okay." I say disappointed.

I look at him with despair in my eyes. All my excitement from before disappeared.

"Hey I just wanted to hang out like we used to." I tell him.

"Really? You literally came from Sasha's house and you were hanging out with the shadow knights." He says with a hint of anger in his tone.

"The thing is, they're actually really cool. They seem like good people." I answer.

Silence fills the room. I get off the windowsill and sit on Laurence's bed. He sits on his desk chair and plays around swaying it.

"Do you wan't to know what they did to me?" He asks.

"Yes I would." I say without hesitation.

"When I was a freshman, I hung out with Gene, Sasha and Zenix a lot. I was going through an "I'm not good enough" stage. I was depressed and they helped me through it. They made me feel better. But in the end that information was used to blackmail me. Let's just say it ended up dirty."

"Let me guess. You punched Gene."

"Well why wouldn't I?" He lets out a chuckle.

"He screwed me up hard. That information never got out but that wasn't such a big deal anyways. It was mostly my teenage angst. Thank God I'm over that."

"Is that how you turned into the casanova I know?" I asked.

"No I'm just handsome." He answers and I laugh.

We hang out the rest of the night but technically I can still talk to the Shadow Knights since I never agreed to avoiding them.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ TIME SKIP ◦•≫ ──── ≪

The next day, I have lunch with the Shadow Knights. After school when I get in Garroth's car, I see everyone.

"What the hell? Why is everyone here?" I say.

"This big brother of ours insisted we hang out at our house." Zane scoffs.

"What's wrong? You don't wanna hang out?" Dante asks.

"No. I do wanna hang out but why at our house?" Zane answers.

"Yeah Garroth. Why at our house?" Vylad says glaring at Garroth.

"I'm sorry guys. You have permission to slap me when nobody's looking." He says casually.

Zane slaps him without hesitance.

Garroth's cheek turns red from the slap. He touches his cheek and laughs a bit.

Dante took my spot, I sit at the third row of seats in between Lucinda and Laurence.