I Have You

(Riku's POV)

The sun is starting to rise. I didn't sleep. I couldn't, my mind was to scrambled and my heart too happy and energized. Sora on the other hand could fall asleep anywhere anytime, he's so lazy. He lay curled up really close with my arms around him. He looked so pure and his face more like an eight year old's than a teenager's. I would do anything for him, now so more than ever after last night. I want to stay with him as long as I can, here, safe from the darkness and corrupt people. He is and truly has always been what I've fought for, even as little kids. Hell, even when I was overpowered by Ansem every bit of me I was able to retain was because of my will to protect him.

His eyes began to flicker open and he momentarily confused before the memories must've came flooding back to him. His eyes welled up with sparkling tears as precious as diamonds. "Riku... I'm so glad that wasn't just a dream... I..." He got all choked up, overflowing with emotion. I let out a small chuckle, it was too adorable. I pulled him in even closer and kissed him. I noticed he was shivering and his skin was icy cold, so I pulled the scattered cast away blanket up and wrapped it around him where he looked like a caterpillar in a cocoon. "Stop it," he whined. 

"Stop what?" 

"Stop making me fall in love with you more... You're always like this - looking after me, paying attention to my every need! Stop it... Or my heart won't have room to love anybody but you." 

"Maybe that's my goal. I get jealous easily, don't I? Gotta make sure that I'm the only one in that oversized heart of yours so no one else will steal you from me."

"Rikuuuu!" He went red from embarrassment like some cliché crushing, blushing school girl. It had transcended cute. He wriggled around in his little burrito.  He was so wriggly that I couldn't resist making him wriggle more with onslaughts of tickles. He resisted, and between sobs of laughter he begged for me to stop. With a kathud he fell off the bed but not alone, he pulled me and all the stuff on the bed down with him. We lay there in a mess of pillows and blankets until I gather up my energy and flip over, now pinning him down. 

"I win," I whisper into his ear and kiss his cheek. He wraps his arms around my neck and gave me the puppy dog eyes.  "Fine..." I scoop him up bride style and place him back on the bed. I grab a blanket and throw it over him. He struggles for a while before getting out of the sheet maze. "I'm going to go get breakfast and text Kairi. We ought to tell her 'bout... this. She played a big role after all. Get dressed, my kitten."

"MEOW!" he responds, to which I sigh and shake my head exasperatedly and shut the door on him. Quietly I trudge down the step and enter the kitchen, where Sora's mother and Kairi are making pancakes, it would seem.

"Oh, Riku! When did you get here? You're a mess! Oh, did you stay the night? Are you and Sora okay, I heard something make large racket earlier. You must be hungry, I hope pancakes will be alright? Do you need a change of clothes? Feel free to use the showers and toilets. Anything I can get you at all?" Sora's mother was kind, caring and very hospitable to everyone, but myself especially. She treated me like her own son, and she was more of a parent to me than my own. She was also dedicated, as a single mother of practically two kids - Sora and I - since her husband passed away. I vowed to myself to one day repay her, but she wouldn't hear of such "nonsense". She said that saving Sora's life all those times while still staying alive was more than enough.

"I'm alright, ma'am. Sora's getting dressed upstairs. Can I help here?" 

"No, no, Riku. You just relax. You, too, Kairi. I'll call you all back when breakfast is ready."

Kairi and I thanked her before going up to Sora's room. He was in the shower, however. Kairi looked as if she had a million questions to ask but was trying to restrain herself. Neither of us said anything until I couldn't bear it any longer and told her to spit whatever she had to say out.

"Oh, Riku! Are you together? What happened last night? How is Sora feeling? How are you feeling? Did you kiss, hug, what?" she blurted out a barrage more of endless and almost undistinguishable questions with unhuman speed. She went on and on and on. I didn't even get a chance to say anything before my confused freshly showered boyfriend walked in.

Partially because it would answer half her questions without words having to be said, I strode across the room and kissed him. She squealed and beamed at us. 

"Oh my goodness!!! Riku, Sora, at last! It took a lot of encouragement, but it is so worth it! Sora, you're grin is even goofier than usual, how is that even possible? And Riku, you're actually noticeably happy! I..." she was starting to brush away tears, "I... Seeing you guys together, knowing without a doubt you'll happy... It's more than I can ask for..." she was going red and created a big group hug and gave Sora a peck on the cheek before muttering something about helping in the kitchen and running downstairs. 

"Like I said, girls are strange... Nearly as strange as computers..."

"And you're equally hopeless with both."

"What's that supposed to mean!? ... Besides ...I don't need to be good with girls though, now do I? I have you..."

I nodded and ruffled his hair as his mother called out that breakfast was ready.