Chapter 1.

(Characters in m/m)

And nothing last forever at least we got these memories, and can't say we didn't try

I tried, you tried, we tried

All of the times that we had together

We should've known nothing last forever.

(Nothing Last Forever J.Cole)

Denise.

I sat slumped down on the couch inhaling and exhaling my cigarette. I usually didn't smoke only on occasion when I'm in a bad mood and today happened to be one of those days. Today, Saturday September, 4th was the 2nd anniversary of my deceased husband's death. Two years ago today he was murdered in our home. I remember the day like it was yesterday but I don't have time nor do I like to relapse over events such as that one. I was devastated for a very long time when it happen. I couldn't eat, sleep, or even talk. My life was made no better when his dear beloved mother sent me to District court because she thought I had killed her son, my own husband. I know I can be a little crazy sometimes and everybody has their days but I would never do anything to hurt Nolan. Nevertheless, I was proven innocent in court. To me the whole thing was nothing but the work of the Devil A.K.A. Remedy, I swear she was in disguise and I couldn't stand her. She never liked me and the feeling was very well mutual but for her to put me through all of that was just uncalled for. I felt sick just thinking about it. I took one last puff of my cigarette before putting it out in the white ash tray that sat on my table. I leaned back on the black leather couch dazing off into space.

"You look beautiful as always." I blushed Nolan was such a gentlemen.

"Thank you. You look good as well." And that he did, he didn't even have to dress up to look good the man woke up like that.

Nolan looked down at his outfit then he dusted his shoulders off. He made a face sticking his tongue out. "Well you know I gots to look good for the ladies." He winked at me causing me to giggle. He was so silly and I was glad he was all mine.

"Same you never know when your going to meet a cute guy." I pretended to look off behind him. "Like that one." I pointed to no one in particular. Nolan almost broke his neck trying to see who I was referring to. When he saw it was nobody he turned back around mugging me.

"Girl, don't play with me like that. Ion want to have to whoop nobody ass because these my good clothes. But if I have to I'll do it." I grabbed Nolan's right hand pulling him along side of me.

"Stop all that blabbing I was just kidding."

"Better be."

"Yeah, whatever now let's go inside I'm hungry. " I pulled his arm towards the entrance of 'The Waffle House' but he pulled away from me. I let go of his arm and he nearly fell backwards into a puddle. My mouth dropped into an 'O' shape.

"Oh my ar-" I couldn't even finish my sentence because I was laughing so hard. It was funny but at the same time it wasn't.

"You think that's funny?" Nolan asked. I shook my head turning away from him. I clutched on to my aching stomach trying to reside the pain. I felt water splash on me and I immediately stopped laughing.

"That's so disrespectful. " I ran my hands through my somewhat wet hair, out of all places my hair.

"I just got this done. Nolan!"