Chapter 10

Sabre's POV

We both look up at the stranger, slightly scared. My friend, who we'll name.....Wilbur, blocks me with his arm and raises his gun to shoot, yet it is smacked out of his hand from the tall dude.

"There's no need to shoot!" The man exclaimed in a much more cheerful tone than expected. He picked up the gun, removed the ammo, and gave it back to Wilbur. He just stands there, trying to hide his shock. I glance at his eyes, and he looks down at me.

"I'm Pat, by the way, you?"

"I'm Sabre, this is my best friend, Wilbur." I state in the most serious way I possibly can, which is hard because this guy just looks like he came straight out of the nether version of a knight role play.

"Good to know. Anyways, I was wondering if you could help me? It may sound crazy, but I sorta... accidentally teleported here?" Me and Wilbur looked at him blankly.
He inhales and tries again "I'm not sure how to explain it... one minute I was in the desert, the next, I was in this forest. That's all I know."

Wilbur finally speaks up "well, we could find a place to crash at for the meantime. I'm sure Sabre wouldn't mind?" He glances at me and I shake my head in response, "Okay then. There should be a block just near here, away from the CD—"

He perks his head up and look in the direction we just came from "that reminds me. We should get going before the other catch up with us" he mutters, just loud enough for me to hear.

"Yeah, I think I saw a house over there," I exclaim and point to the right, "should be safe there for a while."

We run in that direction, well, I attempt to run. Eventually, we approach some tall houses made of brick. When we get in, we find some materials to block the entrance with and we rummage through some chests.

Unsurprisingly, we found nothing apart from a few cans of food that raiders probably left behind. We shared some of the food and discussed stuff.

"So, what's going on around here?" Pat curiously asks.

"Zombie apocalypse. Same with you, I suppose? You didn't seem all that surprised about going into a random building and looting it" Wilbur mentions. Pat nods and placed his container on the floor. I scrape at the bottom of my food can, not realising I had eaten that quickly.

"Wilburrrr, can I have some of your food? I'm hungryyyy..." I beg. He rolls his eyes at me and giggles a little.

"You just finished a whole can!"

"But still... pleeeeaaaaassse?"

"Maybe if I have some left after, okay?"

"Hooray!" I happily exclaim. I'm quite good at persuading people to do things, even if that means harassing them into doing something. Wilbur sighs again and carries on eating. We basically talk and get along for a while, until we heard a strange bang at the entrance.

They found us.