Chapter 1 (no prologue)

Sabres POV

I stroll down the halls, holding Sharks hand. Ever since the zombie apocalypse started, I've grown more scared and nervous. What if one broke in? On the way to class, we saw a blood covered creature run towards a small girl and attack her. To spare you the information, she died and became a zombie. This happened to many more students, creating a hoard.

Me: S-shark.... I'm s-scared

Shark: it's ok buddy, we will get through this.... together

Me: o-ok...

I was so happy to have Shark care for me. We both ran towards the exit door, when I got cornered by walkers. I was terrified.

Me: SHARK! SHARK HELP!

Shark: I'm.....sorry buddy..... I'm... sorry...

WHAT?!?! A tear rolled down his face and he LEFT!!! CALL HIMSELF MY BUDDY! ILL NOW DIE KNOWING HE DOESNT CARE!!

I backed into the corner, sat down and cried. I got ready to feel extreme pain when a soft voice  stopped the groans.

???: Stop. Don't kill him...

I looked up to see a.... squirrel creature with pure white eyes. He had a lab coat on and was covered in blood.

Ross: I'm Ross, you can call me 'dad' if you wish. Come with me. I will give you food, water and protection.

Me: O-Ok

He helped me to stand up and held my hand. The kind man took me out of the school. He told the zombies to kill everyone else. I didn't mind as my only friend was shark, and he left.

Ross: do you have a home to go to?

Me: N-no.... my parents died once the apocalypse started...

Ross: any friends?

Me: One. His name is Shark. He left me to die and escaped instead of helping me. Call him a 'friend'

We fell silent as he took me to his lab. My chicken onesie had a small bit of blood on it from Ross and the walkers. Once we made it, he showed me where I could sleep and gave me a tour of the place.

One month later

Ross sent me out to get supplies for his experiments. I  never minded him making more zombies. I'm just happy he made them treat me like a friend.

Ross: before you go out, I need to tell you something.

Me: what is that?

Ross: there is a group of survivors who are wanting to kill me. If you find them, you know because the leader has a black shirt with a big red square on it. Once found, gain their trust and lure them to this base. Don't let them find out about you until you get here. Act as if you don't know me or red.

Me: ok, I'll get going now.

I set off into the blood-red streets. So many people died and have become zombies. Ross and Red are friends so I've tried human flesh once or twice. It's pretty good, not my favourite food though. He told me to collect the blood of a survivor, which I must find a survivor first.

As I lurk the streets, I hear talking, so I hide behind a bush.

?: So, what do we get this supply run?
??: peaches
???: guns
????: ammo

That last guy sounds.... familiar. Where have I heard that voice. Lost in thoughts, I fall backwards into the bush.

?: what was that??
????: I-I'm not sure
??: you're a kid we met a month ago so stay here, me, nick and grey will check it out.

The humans advanced towards me. Why do I say 'humans'? Because I've lost so much sanity that I have probably become inhuman.

???: come out, we know someone's there.

They pointed guns towards my bush. Stupidly, I decide to stay hidden. One looked behind the bush. They saw me. I was about to make a break for it when I stopped to examine him. It was that guy Ross was talking about.

?: don't. Move

Me: p-please d-don't kill m-me

?: we won't kill you, my names nick, I'm with Ghetto, Grey and a kid over there *points to ????* is called shark.

Me: S-shark?

HELLO!! I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS BOOK OUT OF BORDOM!!! IS IT GOOD? TELL ME ANY ISSUES U HAVE WITH IT AND ILL TRY TO SORT IT OUT!! ILL TRY MAKE A NEW CHAPTER ON STEVE SAGA THING! CYA MAH DOODS -3-!!!!!!!

Word check: .0. 736!!!!!