7

*Emma's pov*

What the hell?

No, this can't be happening to me! I can't break up with him if he's here. I can't look into his eyes and say all those words that are always in my mind. I just can't. What is he doing here? Oh my... Ok, breath and do something. Say something!

"Hey"

"Is everything ok?"

Oh Bradley, why do you know me so well? I kinda hate you right now.

"Yes, everything's fine. Come in! What are you doing here?"

"Sorry for not telling you, but I thought it would be a nice surprise. Now I see it wasn't."

"What? Are you staying?"

"For three weeks"

His smile comes back and I can't help myself from smiling too. I said I hate him? Well, I was lying. This happy moment ends when I remember why I was trying to talk to him. Why we can't be together and the smile disappears.

"Em, what's going on?" He steps closer to me and touch my cheeks. He lifts my chin and make me look in his eyes. These eyes that I love so much.

"Nothing..."

"Baby, tell me what's wrong. Are you ok?"

My eyes start watering, but I stop the tears before they fall.

"Are you crying? Jesus, please tell me what's bothering you. I can't see you like this and do nothing. Are you sick or something like this?"

"I'm not sick. I was trying to call you."

"My phone is dead."

"I thought you were busy"

"No, I was coming back to you"

"Bradley... We can't..." I take a step back to create a safe space between us. I can't say anything while he's touching me. While he's looking at me with these sad eyes.

"We can't be together anymore."