Chapter 54: Her Mother's Locket

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the people or places that belong to the wonderful world of Harry Potter, as they belong to J.K. Rowling. The OC (Katherine and now three others!) is entirely my own.

"Free..." The word echoed through Severus' mind. Katherine had buried her hand in the crook of his neck once again, clinging to his person tightly. Unconsciously, Severus rubbed small circles on her lower back as he glanced to the hidden entrance near the furthest wall. Quickly, he stopped his movements and stared wide-eyed at two bodies lying next to the small opening.

"Katherine?" Severus hesitated. "How is it possible that we are sitting here, and yet we are also over there?" Katherine raised her head; her brow furrowed in confusion. She turned towards the entrance and shook her head slightly.

"Sorry, I forgot about those," she muttered, as she lifted herself off of Severus' person and headed to the stilled bodies. "It was Albus' plan to transfigure two bodies into us, so it would make it easier to leave."

"I don't understand," Severus said, carefully hoisting himself up from the dusty floor. "What plan?"

"We're leaving here Severus," Katherine said, as she began levitating the bodies over towards the spot where Severus' unconscious body had laid a few hours before. "Albus promised a new life for us after the war was over. A life that will be peaceful; away from prying eyes of the public."

"I still don't understand," Severus said, as he watched Katherine position the bodies precisely, then aimed her wand at 'his' neck, creating the holes that matched the ones that the snake had made. "What do you mean you and Albus had a plan? You two hated each other, how could you have made plans with him?"

"I will explain later," Katherine said, as she finished the final touches on their fake selves. "But for now we must get moving. They'll come looking for us shortly." Severus looked down at himself. Katherine had produced a small vial of blood and poured it on the fake neck and over the floor and on the fake bodies' cloaks.

He was amazed how identical the bodies looked like their own. His fake self had be positioned on its' back while Katherine's fake body was lying next to his; her arm across his chest as though holding him to her. The real Katherine stood, and then spun quickly with wand raised towards her fake self.

"Avada Kedavra," she hissed. A green light hit the body of the fake Katherine, burning brightly before sinking into it. "It is done. Anyone who comes here, will think I have been killed by a revengeful Death Eater." At those words Severus turned sharply towards her. His brow furrowed, as he began contemplating what she had said.

"As I said, I will explain later," Katherine said, upon seeing his expression. "We must get going. There is one place I want to stop at before we leave."

She hastily walked over to Severus and pulled his body flush to her own; looking up into his dark eyes. A hesitant glint showed through the black, as almost debating to follow her. But the silent plea of her own blue eyes made him relax, and he wrapped his arms around her form.

"Do you trust me?" Katherine whispered. Her lips lingered tantalizing near his own.

"Of course," he whispered back.

"Then don't let go..." Suddenly, Katherine spun both of them on the spot; disapparating them both away from the place where Severus' life had almost been taken away, twice.

As the darkness of the apparation faded, Severus found himself in the same small alley that he had ran to early last summer. He watched as Katherine silently cast an disillusion charm on them both, then proceeded to lead them towards the town square.