Zoe

"Louise, he asked me to make him a snack bag," I said skipping along on my way back to my house. I had called Louise the second play rehearsal let out because I couldn't wait to tell her the good news. This could be my chance to really win him over. 

Deep down, I really did think he liked me. I mean I was pretty and no one had ever liked him before, except me, so why wouldn't he just jump on me? Everyday I would give myself another excuse of why he might like me and it made me really happy. 

I felt like I had finally found a boy I had a chance with and that was the most exciting thing in the world to me. 

"Are you sure he likes you?" Louise asked as we continued walking. "I don't want you to get hurt," she added in a softer tone. I ignored her addition though, why on earth would I get hurt? The only way I kept imagining this was with a happy ending, not a sad one. 

"I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I can get him to," I said gleefully. 

"Please just be careful," Louise said patting me on the shoulder before turning down her street to head home. 

"I will, see you tomorrow," I said with a smile. I watched her blonde hair disappear down her street before continuing down mine towards my house. Louise couldn't be right, could she? It would be easy to get Alfie to like me, incredibly easy. 

When I got home I went up to the attic to get all of the old girl magazines I had collected from when I was younger. I remembered that they were always filled with advice on how to get boys and different tips like that. 

Once I got up to the cramped space and located the stack of magazines, I wiped a layer of dust off them. There were about thirty of them and after picking them up I realised how heavy they were. I wasn't sure if I would be able to get them all downstairs without dropping them. 

My back started to strain as I picked them up and moved over to the ladder that lead back downstairs to the light of day. I placed my foot on the step and instantly lost my balance. All but one of the magazines tumbled out of my hands and to the floor. 

A loud groan escaped me just as the front door opened. Joe was home. I scampered down the rest of the steps and quickly collected all of the fallen magazines. I didn't want Joe to see them all and realise how desperate I was. 

I managed to pick them all up, run to my room, and stuff them under the bed before he walked into my room to talk to me. "Hey sis, how was your day?" he asked jumping on to the chair across from my bed.

"It was fine," I said with a grin thinking of Alfie and the show and how happy I really was. "How about you?" I asked. I was so thankful for having a brother who really cared about me and I cared about him. I was so glad we were as close as we were. 

"It was really good. I think I've actually hit it off with Christine," he said grinning at me. I laughed, Joe didn't know anything about love, he was only 12 and so young. He didn't know as much as I did, which was saying something because I didn't know all that much. 

"Well that's great for you," I said with a smile. If Joe thought he was in love I might as well let him have his moment. 

Joe and I chatted for a little bit more before he left to go and find some food in the kitchen. I let him go because I really wanted to read as many of these magazines as I could before talking to Alfie tomorrow. I also had to remember to make him that snackbag I had promised him. I also wanted to pick out a gorgeous outfit and do my makeup and hair nicely. There seemed to be so much to do when having a crush! 

________________

"Zoe, you're going to be late!" 

I sat up the instant I heard my father's voice. Oh no! I had slept in, and when I had so much to do as well. When I sat up I realised that I had fallen asleep after reading so many of those awful magazine articles, they hadn't given me any tips at all. 

All of them were strewn across my unmade bed, and a few were even covering my legs. I kicked them off and leapt out of bed. "Be there in a minute!" I shouted back. I pulled on a pair of leggings and a t-shirt, not the glamourous outfit I had been planning the night before. I didn't have time to do my make-up and after looking at the clock and realising how late it was I realised I didn't have time to do my hair. 

"Louise is here, Zoe hurry up!" My dad called again. I groaned. Waking up late really was the worst and most stressful thing ever. I grabbed all of my notebooks and textbooks, shoving them into bag as I ran down the stairs. 

"I'm so sorry I'm late," I said breathlessy to Louise as I grabbed an apple and slipped into my shoes. "I'm ready!" I said smiling. I grabbed my coat on the way out putting it on once we were outside. 

"Why did you wake up late?" Louise asked as we started walking. "You're never late." She sounded annoyed, and personally I think her question was a little bit rude. Sometimes I was late, it was nothing to make a big deal about. I ignored her rude tone and answered her question anyways. 

"I was reading all of these magazines last night, and I guess I stayed up late. The next thing I knew it was 7:30." Louise just nodded as we kept walking. After an adequately awkward silence she spoke again. 

"Why were you reading magazines? I thought you said they were only for stupid people," she looked down at this and I instantly felt bad. I remembered when Louise and I had first became friends I told her this and she was mad at me for a whole week because she loved reading magazines. Again I ignored Louise's accousatory tone and answered her question. 

"I was trying to find some tips on getting Alfie to like me!" I said cheerifully. "Except I don't think any of it is going to work, it all seemed kind of," I was searching for right word, but it eluded me, "stupid," I finished. 

Louise laughed and I laughed with her. All the tenseness from before disappeared and I just smiled. Everything was going to be all right with Louise and, hopefully, everything was going to work out with Alfie. 

I was so looking forward to play rehearsal. I couldn't wait. 

Hey guys! I'm back. :) Sorry I took such a long hiatus, but it was really good for me. I'm thinking of finishing this fanfic and then maybe writing an actual story that isn't just about Zoe and Alfie. Do you guys think you would read that if I wrote it? Thank you all! I love you! ^_^ xxx