Zoe

The next morning my mum woke me up at 5:30. She worked at the hospital early in the morning, and I had asked her to wake me up so I could spend some time getting ready. I wanted to look really nice when I saw Alfie. Making a good first impression was always the best thing you could do. 

The first thing I did was straighten my hair. SInce my hair was so long, it took ages to get it all looking nice and neat. After that was done, I started on my makeup. I wanted it to look composed, but also not too overdone at the same time. 

By the time I was dressed and made-up I only have ten minutes to scraf down some breakfast and run to Louise's. I grabbed a muffin and hurriedly shoved it down my mouth before slipping into my borrowed shoes, saying a hasty goodbye to my brother and running down the street to Louise's, trying my hardest not to trip. 

"Happy first impression day!" Louise said opening the door and smiling at me. Louise was a firm believer in first impressions. She always helped me with mine, because as she had convinced me, she was an expert. "Remember everything I taught you, right?" she asked checking for the one hundredth time that I remembered everything. 

"We've had at least ten first impression days together Louise, of course I remember," I said with a smile. I was trying to make it look like I wasn't that nervous, when on the inside I was dying. Even though I had liked loads of boys before, this one was different. Alfie was just so different than everyone I had ever liked before. I felt like it was going to be so easy to actually get him. To actually have a boyfriend for once. 

"So the plan is to go up and talk to him at lunch, remember. You're going to ask him if he's auditioning for the play. Got it?" she was looking in a mirror, fixing her lipstick as she asked me. 

"I remember. What's the name of the play again?" I asked tripping on the side of the street and quickly regaining my balance. I looked around to make sure no one had seen my tumble. 

"Romeo and Juliet, and you're auditioning too. Tomorrow," she said clicking the mirror shut. 

"Wait, you never told me that part of the plan!" I said loudly. Louise shushed me and looked at me quizically. 

"I thought you were going to audition regardless and this works the best with the plan." I sighed, she was right. I had been planning on auditioning for the fall play for a while. I was just so nervous. I was just a lower and I didn't know if I would get a good role or not. I had always done theatre in secondary school, but it was different. 

"Wait, Zoe, isn't that Alfie?" Louise asked after we had been walking for a while. She interupted my train of thought of imagining what it would be like to be Juliet in the show. That would be such a dream for me. 

"Oh. My. God. It isn't. Isn't he so dreamy," I said swooning a bit, looking at him walking. Then out of no where I suddenly broke all the rules of first impressions day and shouted out his name. "Hi Alfie!" I ran up to him, leaving Louise behind to only gasp at my stupid mistake. 

"Hello?" he asked. Louise slowly followed me and I could feel her gentle hand on my shoulder, politely telling me, without words, that I should stop talking and just forget about him. With a horrible first impression like this nothing else could get better. 

"I know you probably don't know me, but I'm Zoe Sugg, and this is my friend Louise," I said pointing at Louise who just looked so embarrassed for me. She gave a little wave. "I'm trying out for the play today!" For some reason, in the brief amount of time it took me to walk over to Alfie and start talking, I had decided to audition for the play, even though I wasn't prepared for auditions. I was such an idiot. 

"Well it's nice to meet you Zoe and Louise, I hope you get into the play," he said looking at both of us, smiling, and then walking off. 

The second he was out of earshot I started talking Louise's ear off. "Oh. My. God. Louise, he was so cute. His voice is so high, it's adorable. Did you see his hair, it was so perfect, and his eyebrows are lovely. I hope I'm Romeo in the play and he's Juliet," I said wistfully. 

"Don't you mean the other way around?" Louise asked with a groan. I knew she was upset at me, but I just couldn't hold back my excitement of actually talking to Alfie for the first time. 

"Oh, ya, I guess so. Whatever, it doesn't matter. Oh I'm so in love!" I said doing a twirl. I was practically overflowing with excitement and joy and glee. 

"You aren't in love, and for you information it's going to be much harder to get him to like you now, you know." She said all of this slowly, as if she was calculating how she was going to change her plan to make room for my terrible mistake. "You better do freaking fantastic at these auditions," she said sternly. 

____________________

I spent the entire day trying to write out a monologue that protrayed angst and love like I thought Juliet might have. I spent the most part of lunch and my breaks trying to memorise everything that I had written. Being an actress was tiring. 

Every time I saw Louise in the hall she would just glare at me for a few seconds, before giving up and letting me know she was going to support me at auditions. I loved her, even when she could be so annoying sometimes. 

Towards the end of the day I started to feel nervous. It wasn't the acting or auditioning thing that was going to bother me though, it was the doing it in front of Alfie. He was so good, and compared to him, I was really nothing. 

As soon as the last bell rang, I rushed to my locker to grab my coat and meet up with Louise before auditions. She was waiting for me when I got there. "Don't forget, you have to do well," she said. Then she smiled and added, "But no pressure or anything!" 

She left first to go find a seat in the theatre and I went to the bathroom to prepare. I just stood there in front of the mirror and took deep breaths until I wasn't shaking. Then I grabbed all my stuff and went into the green room to start the audition process.

To audition we had to fill out two sheets of paper and then fill our names out on a list, which was the order we were going to be called up to present our monologues. I was number seven, right after Alfie. I wasn't sure if this was a good thing, or a terrible thing. 

After I finally filled out all the forms I made my way out into the audience and sat next to Louise who was smiling warmly at me. I just had to wait until my name was called, after the first six people went. 

I thought they were going to take longer, considering they all had two minute monologues, but the twelve minutes flew past and before I knew it I was handing my two forms to the director Mr. Morgan and getting up on stage. 

All the deep breaths I had taken in front of the bathroom mirror suddenly escaped me and I felt my legs start to shake and my palms begin to shake. I took one more deep breath before stating my name and the name of my monologue. 

"I'm Zoe Sugg and my Monologue is Roses are Red." Another few deep breathes before I actually began. "Roses are red, violets are blue. You're super cute, and I think I am too..." The whole poem monologue went on for a minute and a half listing very rhymes for the word blue. 

I didn't realise how ridiculous it was until I saw Louise's confused and annoyed look from the audience, as well as heard Alfie's laugh. The second I was finished I ran off stage and to the bathroom not even hearing Mr. Morgan say, "Thank you Zoe." 

My life was over. Not only had I ruined first impression day, I had completely blown all my chances with the only person I ever actually had a chance with. It was the worst first impressions day in the whole universe. 

xxx