Three | Of Purposes

.\~*❦ *~/. 

A/N: The layout of this chapter is meant to be somewhat choppy, like snippets of their lives? I don't know this chapter ended up much different than I expected. I just want to say that I'm bullshiting most of what I wrote down below because I have no clue how organized crime groups work and this fic won't be all that violent. Anywho, enjoy.

.\~*❦ *~/. 

T I M E L E S S 

.\~*❦ *~/.  

{The Birth of the Jeon Heir; Jeon Jungkook}

September 1st 1997 

"My Taehyung-ah, you were born to take the throne, for you are both a Kim and a Jeon."

"Never forget,

"He's the one who stands in your way of owning it all."

"Your purpose will be fulfilled..."

"...Mommy will make sure of it."

- Jeon So Yeon 

.\~*❦ *~/.  

[ Eight Years Later, 2005]

[The Kim Compound]

[Kim Taehyung, Age Ten

The rays of the sun burn down on a group of adolescents clad only in compression shorts as they spar underneath the watchful eyes of the combat specialists who meticulously track the progressions of the clan's young; archiving the everchanging statistics of each adolescent to ensure the suitable utility of the most crucial future members. Now only two adolescents remain circling each other, surrounded by the other adolescents pertaining to the family who'd already been evaluated as they cheer on their comrades, waiting for the match to end. 

The heavy inhale and exhale of breaths profound as the younger of the two holds his ground, impressively keeping up with the older as he avoids the incoming fist and ducks beneath the outstretched arm, landing a quick but powerful jab onto the small of the other's back with the brunt of his elbow, causing the thinner boy to stumble. The younger grins, keeping distance as he darts back, pleased to have landed a hit on the older. The result of his private training, an intensity that had him improving drastically, never once having lasted this long against the best fighter of his age group. 

The other smirks, his eyes quickly taking in the stance of the younger, calculating the possible moves that he'd make. The smirk turning wicked, as the older moves quickly, fainting left and fainting right, causing the younger frustration as he tries to perceive where the attack will come from. It comes from the right, he moves to block, only for the elder's left leg to come and kick him behind the knees. It's over in that same second as the younger ends up sprawled face down on the ground with an arm behind his back and the heavy weight of his opponent on his rear end as he cackles at the defeat. 

The younger groans in annoyance huffing as his face presses against the mud caused by the downpour from the previous night. "Better luck next time Taehyungie, I'm sure you'll bring me down some day." Eleven-year-old Jung Hoseok says cheerfully, lifting off the younger as he outstretches his hand for the other take. 

"I'm catching up Hobi, just you wait, one day I'll be better than you and you'll be the one with mud on their face!" Kim Taehyung exclaims with a proud grin on his face as he grabs the other's hand and raises to his feet, looking forward to the day when he'd finally surpass his future second-in-command.