Two | Of Reasons

.\~*❦ *~/.

T I M E L E S S

.\~*❦ *~/.

"If you truly love me,

Then set me free,

Release us from this hell."

-Lee Na Young,
1992

.\~*❦ *~/.

January 1st, 1996
The New Year

"Won Bin..." Lee Na Young whispers, staring up at the only man she's ever loved, taking in the handsome features she only allows herself to see in her dreams and memories. The man's piercing eyes never leaving her face, those dark eyes boring into her very soul, the chemistry that has always existed between them sparking anew. Na Young bites her bottom lip nervously at his heated gaze.

The man immediately dropping his gaze to the woman's enticingly plump mouth, wanting nothing more than to take her for himself. Kim Won Bin wants to steal her away, to lock her up like a bird in a cage; keeping the first person he's ever truly loved within his reach. It is selfish, it is his truth, but for her, he cannot do it, he will not do it. Not again, not when he has finally set her free; for his love is real.

"Na Young, It has been awhile." Won Bin acknowledges, tipping his fedora in greeting, with a single, calloused, crooked digit. "Now, will you be letting me inside for a chat, or should I remain on the threshold for someone to see?" The man questions with a nonchalant and teasing lilt to his tone, the corner of his lips twitching ever so slightly; as if he wants to smile, a mien that does not come lightly or easily to a man like him.

Lee Na Young wishes she could see that charmingly boxy smile once more; one that he only ever showed her. It's something selfish, she knows, wanting him to look at her as if she were his world, when she had been the one who begged for freedom. And Now? He could never be hers, not when he belonged to another. The very knowledge hurts, but is this not what she wanted? In his world of cruelty, he only ever showed her mercy.

In the end, parting ways had been for the best. For Na Young, the fruit of their union was more important to her than the man she confessed to love. Thus, she could have no regrets, not when she had-

Won Bin's lifts an eyebrow, clearing his throat to regain the woman's attention, as that familiar, endearingly pensive expression contorts until the woman is blushing, the tips of her eyes reddening as she snaps out of the trance she'd been in.

"I'm sorry, do come in." She welcomes, hesitating for a second before stepping aside and letting him in. Na Young bites her bottom lip nervously, his tall and striking form in the middle of her living room a very strange sight. She can't help but feel somewhat ashamed of what has been her home for the past few years, but nevertheless it is her home, once she earned by herself, something she's proud of.