Chapter 16: Misunderstandings and Vegemite

At the Wrong Time

Chapter 16

Misunderstandings and Vegemite

-Claire’s POV-

I was out on the small terrace that came with the room when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to be met with a tired Rose who was groggily rubbing her eyes. “How long have you been up?” She asked before she came and took a seat next to me, I shrugged before taking a sip of my tea and answering, “Not very long only about thirty minutes or so,” She just yawned and nodded.

We sat in silence for a while just taking in the view of the city for a while before Rose spoke up. “It’s hard to believe that this day has finally come,” I looked over at her and she had a wistful smile on her face, she turned and looked at me before saying. “I knew all of them in high school and if you think they are dorks now you should have seen them then,” she said before laughing remembering about things she must have seen them do.

She turned and looked at me, “I always knew they were going to make it,” she said referring to the music business, “But I guess it’s going to be hard to have to share them with the rest of the world,” She said before laughing shortly like she did before. She was right, from now on they were in the eye of the public and whatever they did would be judged and criticized but that’s the price you have to pay for being famous.

“Do you think the fame will change any of them?” I asked, she looked back at me think for a moment before shaking her head, “They’re too genuine for that, they know what type music they want to make and what they want to do and they are way to stubborn to let anything but their own personal decisions change that,” I laughed at the part about them being stubborn. She got that right.

I looked down at my lap and into the empty mug, I stood up and began to walk inside before I turned to Rose and said, “We should probably wake Molly up and get some breakfast,” she nodded and stood up and we walked inside together.

I put my cup away in the kitchen sink before I turned and saw Rose holding up a pillow about to smack Molly in the face with it. I half whispered, half shouted, “Wait!” Rose froze and looked over at me, I quickly tip toed out of the kitchen and grabbed another pillow of the sofa bed causing Molly to stir slightly. We both froze trying to hold back our laughter before after a moment’s pause we brought down that fluffy, white furry that was the pillows.

“It’s time to wake up Molly!” I said in a sing song voice still hitting her, she groaned and pulled the blankets over her head.

“What time is it,” she muffled from under the sheets, I shrugged before I quickly ran into my room and turned my phone on. I ran back out before saying, “9:15am and we’re hungry, so get up,” I said waking her one more time before me and Rose walked back into our room.

I grabbed my stuff out of my suitcase and walked out the bedroom and into the small bathroom we all shared, but in the hallway I turned and checked that Molly had gotten up. “Finally,” I said as she began to groggily walk over to the kitchen, she flipped the bird at me and I just laughed before walking into the bathroom and locking the door behind me.

I came out later fully showered, changed and ready to take on the day, well at least the breakfast buffet for the moment. I came out holding my cloths and other stuff to see both Rose and Molly sitting on the sofa, which was now folded up so it was in fact a couch again and not a bed, looking at one of their iPhone’s, probably on watching nail tutorials again, as usual. I rolled my eyes and dumped my things back into my suitcase and zipped it shut before quickly grabbing out my purse and a plastic bag. I looked around at the room, it was clean enough for the moment except for the pillows which were still lying astray around the room. Considering we were only in London for the rest of today before tomorrow morning where we had to get on another plane and head to our next destination, Glasgow, Scotland. It kind of sucked how we were going from one place to another without really having enough time to really admire the place, but at least we were coming back to England later on in the tour.