[5] A Coffee Shop and a Date

Start from the beginning

I grab my sweatshirt off the coat rack and slip my black converse on before heading out the door and lock it.

"Where do you guys plan on going tonight?" I ask Jason as we walk into the elevator.

"I'm taking her out to eat somewhere really fancy, any suggestions?" Jason says hopping up and down, a nervous habit of his.

"You haven't decided where to go yet!!" I dramatically gasp, "Jason, if you don't want to screw this up I would have scheduled a reservation a long time ago. Now how will you ever find somewhere to eat that isn't completely packed?" I teased and by the anxious look on Jason's face, he believes every word I say.

"Fuck! Elizabeth will never want to be my-" He frantically says but I cut him off breaking into laughter.

"Dude, I was just kidding." I shove his shoulder as we walk out of the building and to my car.

He flips me off before hopping into my car and I break out into fits of laughter as I buckle up in the drivers seat.

We drive through the crowded freeways and pass tall skyscrapers in town until we finally find the small fancy lit up restaurant in the city. The place isn't quite big and there isn't much people considering that it is Saturday night and everyone is out drinking. Through the glass windows, I see Elizabeth adjusting her beautiful black dress and checking her makeup on her phone. Jai is by her side, probably making snarky remarks about Jason being late, Elizabeth rolls her eyes and Jai's face breaks into a wide smile.

"It's going to be fine." I assure Jason who keeps on checking his appearance and pulling on his tie.

"You think so?"

"I know so." I say and Jason gives me a quick smile before hopping out of my car and walking towards the restaurant. Elizabeth stiffens as soon as she sees Jason and Jason pulls her into a tight embrace and Jai leaves.

"They're cute huh?" A voice says from the passenger and I jump when I see Jai in the passenger seat. I didn't even hear him get in the car.

I nod and pull out of the parking lot and roll the windows down. "What are you doing right now?" Jai asks, staring out into the distance.

"Well, I was thinking of going to the library and studying for Monday's test." I shrug.

"Boring. Just drop me off near campus and I'll walk back to my dorm." And so I did what he requested. After dropping Jai off by campus, I make a quick stop by the library and pull my bag out of my car before heading into the quiet library. Even though the library closes in about an hour, I like to come around this time of the day because it is quieter and there is not much people.

I sit at an empty table near the back of the library and fish my laptop out of my bag, along with a large textbook and my glasses I only used for reading.

After a few minutes of skimming down the endless sheets of papers, trying to memorize everything, I gave up, letting out a big sigh and slouching back in the chair.

"Well, well, well," I hear a familiar voice say, "Look who we have here." Harry says, pulling a chair out from the opposite side of the round table and taking a seat.

He pulls out his laptop from his bag slung around his shoulder and gives me a quick nod. "What are you doing here?" he asks, not showing any kind of emotion on his face. Not even a smile.

"Studying." I roll my eyes and dive back into my studies.

It's been two weeks since Harry and I had our little incident at the coffee shop, he ended up dropping me off in my apartment and we haven't talked ever since. Well, we have bumped into each other while leaving our apartments at the same time but we briskly ignored each other and went on with our lives. And here he was acting as if we were the best of friends.