Loki's visit triggers Hazel's past

Hazel POV

My relationship with the Avengers has improved since the past year. I have told them about my past. Well most of it.  I love them to hell but there's only three things that makes me like ignoring them. First they keep asking why every time I go on a mission I don't use my powers. Even though I have clearly stated to them that I only use my powers if they are really needed they still keep pestering about it. Second, every time Maria or Agent Hill is around me, they act all lovey dovey and asks when I'm going to ask her out. Except for Steve, he grew a tad bit protective after all the teasing happened. Third, when I told them about my past I did not expect them to catch every single detail. They even noticed that I never mentioned my last name or my brother's name. And they kept asking about it. I'm just not ready to tell them yet. Anyway today Thor is finally going to return from Asgard and he is bringing a visitor along. Cool. We were all watching a movie. With Maria! Yay! Tony invited her over because he felt like I was very hopeless. He may be correct in that context. I was sitting beside Maria and everyone seemed to be watching us instead of the movie. Nat and Wanda both gave me a thumbs up. My response to that was to blush. That was when Tony started to ask Maria a question. "Hey Maria, are you into guys or girls?" Tony asked leaning back in his chair. "Girls Why?" Maria replied. "Oh nothing." Tony answered. Tony looked at me and gave me a look which said your move. I wanted to punch him but before I could do so Thor came in, speaking loudly "Hello Friends. I have brought my brother Loki." That name alone sent chills down my spine and made me angry. Protests came from original Avengers. 

Steve: "Thor, are you certain about this?"

Tony: "Wasn't he the dude that tried to take over the world and we had to stop him?"

Bruce: "Thor, he is the bad guy."

Clint: "He controlled my mind."

Nat: "Let me kill him."

Thor: "Fear not friends. Loki has changed for the better. He will not take over the world. He will be joining us for movie night. Loki meet Hazel, our newest Avenger."

Loki stepped forward to greet me but I answered in a menacing tone,standing up, "Get away from me." Loki took a step back confused. The others were also watching me. "Lady Hazel, what's wrong?" Thor asked. I lifted my head up, everybody gasped, tears were streaming down my face. "What's wrong?" I mocked. "What's wrong? I hate him." I answered. "Madam, I do believe you have me confused with someone else. I have never met you in life." Loki spoke for himself. "Yes.. You have never met me. But surely you remember Phil Coulson?" I asked, my voice tinged with sadness and anger. The moment I said the name, different emotions appeared on Steve,Tony,Thor,Bruce,Clint and Nat's faces. Even Maria's face had a hurt look on it. "No I do not remember this Phil Coulson you speak of." Loki answered. I scoffed "I wouldn't expect you too. He was just another agent who you killed." I paused and turned to face the others. Tears were streaming down my face in a steady flow. "All of you ask what is my brother's name and what is my last name. Well here it is. My brother is Phil Coulson and I am Hazel Coulson." I turned back to face Loki. "For killing my brother my last family, I will always hate you for it." I spoke to him. I turned around and ran to my room slamming the door shut. I have been doing that alot recently. And I just cried into my pillow. I heard a knock on my door. I had finished crying and just laid on my bed. "Hazel?" A female voice ask. "Go away." I shouted. "Hazel may I come in?" No response. The lady pushed the door open and walked to my bed and sat next to me. I looked up and saw that it was...Maria. "Hazel, I'm so sorry. Phil was a great agent and a loyal friend and brother." Maria started. "You know what actually hurt the most? The fact that he would never be here again for me to talk to,cry on. I just missed him. He was there for me when I escaped HYDRA, he took care of me. When HYDRA took me back, he tried to find but could not. When I came out of the ice, I was hoping to see him again. Only to find out that this god... Loki had killed him. My brother. What did he do to deserve it? He was such a nice and caring person. Why would anyone kill him?" I poured out to Maria. "He did his duty." She plainly answered. "I know...but if he didn't. Would he still be alive?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "yes but millions would not be and he didn't want that on his conscience." Maria answered, confirming what I already knew. "Maria,can you stay with me? I don't want to be left alone with my mind." I asked. "Sure." She replied and slid into the bed with me. "Thank you." I whispered before falling asleep. The next morning I woke up with giggling at my door. I looked up and saw everyone peeking in with the door slightly ajar and they were giggling. I looked at them, confused, then Tony pointed to my bed, I turned my head to look and saw Maria next to me with her arms draped on me. How did I not notice that? I started blushing and looked the Avengers to get out. Just then Maria woke up, "Good morning." She whispered. "Uh- Good morning." I replied, my voice taking on a higher note. "Are you ok?" She asked. "I'm fine." I once again replied, fidgeting with my hands. Maria looked at me and got out of the bed to wash up. I sat in bed unsure what to do. Should I ask her? But what if she rejects me? I heard her open the toilet door. She walked out and grabbed her belongings. "I'm going to go. See you soon Hazel." Maria spoke as she walked towards my bedroom door. "Wait!" I called out, rushing out of bed. Maria turned around, I looked at her and took a deep breath. "Maria... I have loved you since I saw you literally. I wasn't sure how wanted to confess because I was so worried that you will reject me. Now that I have confessed I totally understand if you-" I stopped talking as Maria kissed me. When we came apart, she smiled and responded "I love you too." "How about a date?" I jokingly asked. "I will pick you up at seven tonight. Dress fancy." Maria simply responded and left. I was smiling like an idiot when I went to wash up. And was still smiling when I came out of my room for breakfast.