More about Hazel

Hazel's dream

"Where are you, little brat?" A man's voice rang throughout the dream. He was holding a broken beer bottle. A young Hazel was hiding at a corner whimpering. His eyes landed on her and he advanced. Sratching every surface of her body he could find. "No Daddy stop!" young Hazel screeched trying to pull away from him. "Don't call me your daddy. I'm not your daddy. You're just some bastard's kid and I got stuck with you. So shut the fuck up." He shouted at her. He tossed her aside and she hit the wall.

Change scene

She threw a hoodie over her head, a backpack slung over her shoulder. She turned back, her house in flames. "I'm sorry. I had no choice." She apologised to the building. She shifted into a cat, her clothes and backpack melting into her fur. She ran to a house and shifted back into a person. She knocked on the door, the door opened to reveal a smiling girl. "You ready?" Hazel asked with a twinkle in her eyes. "As ready as I can ever be." The girl answered. Just then the girl was shot backwards. Hazel stood there in shock. Then she regained her senses and got out her weapons. She turned around and found herself facing an armed man. "I don't want to hurt you." The man told her. "Well all this killing kinda gave me the wrong impression. You know shit like this gives me some trust issues." Hazel shouted back at him. "You are an important asset and it was your fault that your friend got shot. Pity though. She would also have been a good asset. So don't-" The man never completed his sentence as a knife buried deep in his heart. "You talk to much." Hazel spat on the man and went to check on her friend." She found her breathing but dying. "Hazel, It is not your fault. I was the one who made you take me along for this adventure. I just never thought I will die at the start of it. Don't let them find my body. I love you." She kissed Hazel on her cheek and passed on. "I love you too. I'm sorry I couldn't save you." Tears flowed down Hazel's face as the earth opened up and buried the body.

"Violet! I'm Sorry! Please don't go!" Hazel woke up screaming, tears flowing down her face. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have allowed you to follow. I'm sorry... please don't leave me. I love you." Tears were flowing strongly down Hazel's face. "I'm sorry..." Hazel cried herself back to sleep.

The next morning Hazel walked into the kitchen with red puffy eyes. She poured herself a cup of orange juice. "Good morning Lady Hazel." Thor greets as he walks into the kitchen for his poptarts. Hazel mumbles a good morning and washes her cup. She left the kitchen and bumped into Bucky. "Sorry." She hurriedly apologises and runs off. Bucky walks into the kitchen and sees Thor. 

Bucky: "Was she crying?" 

Thor: "No but her eyes were an unusual red colour."

Bucky: "Should we bring this up with everyone else?"

Thor: "Yes we should."

Moments later, the others were sitting together in the living room. 

Tony: "JARVIS, pull up a recording from last night in Hazel's room."

JARVIS pulls up the recording. The recording plays. Pain is shown on every Avenger's face. Hazel was only a kid but she has already been through so much. It was not right.

Tony: "Wait rewind that part. Zoom in. Do you see that logo on the dude's vest? HYDRA."

Steve: "But what did they want her for?"

Bruce: "Her powers but how does it concern them?"

Tony: "Only one way to find out."

Hazel POV

Violet. That name alone tears me apart. I need to vent this out. Maybe hit the gym or training room or whatever they have here. Not bad. Their gym is actually decent. Maybe I will start with some punching.

Third person POV

Hazel punched 3 punching bags off the hook in the past hour and she has not broken a sweat. Looking around, she realised that she was used up all the punching bags and proceeded to find the training room.

Hazel POV

I think I used up all the punching bags. Oops My bad. Maybe now I can hunt for the training room. Ah Ha! Found it! Wow, what's all this buttons for? I have no idea how to use this. Crap. the Avengers are headed this way. What do I do? Shape shift. Yes that's works. How about a bird? A normal Raven. Ah there we go. Haha They looked so confused. God I'm so childish.

Third person POV

Tony: "Why is there a bird here?"

JARVIS: "I'm not sure sir. There was no bird earlier. And Hazel was here."

Clint: "Guys Hazel is a shape shifter. What do you think?" 

Tony: "Right..."

Hazel POV

Damn you Clint! I shifted back into a human and regained my composure.

Me: "Yes?"

Tony: "Oh Hey Hazel. We were wondering if we could do a test of your powers so we know how to work with you."

I was stunned. I have not used my powers since Violet and it gets out of control. I haven't controlled my powers yet. This could go bad.

Me: "Sure. But let me remind you that if it goes wrong it's not my fault."

Every avenger just looked and me and retreated. They went inside the booth to watch me. The testing seems to be fine so far. I have done Shapeshifing and Weather.Now leaves elements. Now that could be a potential problem. I haven't touched that power for a long time. Water goes fine. Fire still okay. Air a tad bit unsteady. Earth. I'm worried for that. I can't seem to do it. I can't control the Earth. I'm scared to. I try and try until I stop exhausted. When Steve touched me to get my attention. Hell broke lose. A wave of earth pushed him backwards from me and sent him slamming against the wall. My hands glowed green and I snapped out of the trance. I ran over to Steve.

Me: "I'm so sorry. Are you alright?"

Steve: *groans* "I'm fine. What was that kid?"

Me: "I'm not sure..."

Third person POV

When Hazel blasted Steve away from her, the Avengers were shocked and went to check on Steve. For once they saw another emotion on Hazel's face, confusion.

Hazel POV

The other Avengers were coming over to check on Steve. I don't understand, I haven't used this element since... Great now I have a pounding headache. Why is this room so bright? Maybe I should head back to lie down.

Third person POV

Hazel shakily stood up and walked towards the door. She seemed hurt and confused. The Avengers were checking on Steve, he seemed fine. Then they heard a thud and turned around. Hazel had fainted.