𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

~~
Molly

I woke up this morning, earlier than usual. My head surprisingly didn't hurt for once. I sat up, and looked around. Something just wasn't right. I wasn't in the hospital. I was home, in my room!

I felt the warm breeze drift through the opened window, and brush softly against my face. It felt so good to be back.

Darry pokes his head through the doorway.
"Welcome home, baby doll." He greets.
He smiles at me, and I smile back. I really loved when he called me that.

Pony strolls into my room, and plops down next to me on the bed. He smiles brightly at me.
How come I'm home?" I ask.
"I thought I had another week back at the hospital." "The doctor said we could take you home, and he said that you're almost fully recovered." Darry tells me proudly.

I was ecstatic. I spent the past few weeks trying over and over again to walk, until I finally did it. All my hard work really paid off.

Pony helped me out of bed, and we walked to the living room together, like we always used to. Pony and I were almost always at each other's throats, and it felt good to know that he actually did care about me.

We both sat down on the sofa, just as Soda and Steve barged through the door.

Soda was wearing his DX hat, an unbuttoned shirt, while holding a bouquet of sunflowers.

"Hey, Molls!" He shouts with a huge smile on his face. I run over to him and hug him as tight as I could.
"Be careful, Molly!" Darry yells from the kitchen.
"These are for you. For being my strong girl." Soda says as he hands me the flowers.
"I love them." I smile.

He kisses me in the head, and sneaks a piece of bacon off the frying pan when Darry wasn't looking.

Steve lifts me off of the ground, and twirls me around while hugging me tightly.
"Steve, would you cut that out?!" Darry shouts at him. "If you hurt her, I'll kill you." He warns.
Steve rolls his eyes sarcastically.

"It's good to have ya back, kid." He sighs, as he puts me down. I giggle and hug him back.
"It's good to be back." I beam.
The front door swings open. It was Dally, Johnny and Angela. I run over to Dally and hug him.
"You feeling better, kiddo?" He asks me.
I smile.
"A lot better." I reply.

Angela looks over at us and smiles. She wasn't all that bad. We actually started talking a few days ago back at the hospital. She tried to be nice, but it didn't go too well. At least she tried though.

"What's goin' on, Molls?" Johnny asks, tussling my hair.
"Nothin', I'm just happy to be back." I reply, as I look up at him and smile.
"Breakfast is ready!" Darry shouts from the kitchen.

Two-Bit struts through the front door, and his eyes meet with mine. "Molly!" He shouts happily, "You're back!"
We all greet him happily, and we all sit down at the dining table. Soda pulls out a chair for me, and sits down next to me.

Darry serves me my smiley face pancakes. Soda cuts them up for me, and I was in love at first bite. I really missed home cooking.
"Thanks for the breakfast, D."
Darry smiles and sits down.

"I gotta pick a few things up at the grocery store, so can one of you keep an eye on-" Soda cuts Darry off.

"Can I go?" He asks.
"Yeah, why don't we all go?!" Steve suggests.
"Please please pleaseee." Ponyboy begs.
"Oh good lord." Darry exclaims as he shakes his head.
"Fine, we can all go." He rolls his eyes.

We were going to the store. All of us. Together. I already knew it was going to be chaotic, but who doesn't love chaos? Well, besides Darry.

We all finish breakfast as fast as we could, and I run straight to my room to get dressed. It was my first time out of the house since you-know-what, so I wanted to be presentable.