𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

The next day

~~
Sodapop

I looked down at my little sister from the corner of the hospital room. Her tiny hand grasped tightly onto Dally's as he helped her out of bed.

Molly probably had one of the coolest hospital beds ever. There were blankets, and dolls, and presents, but she hated it more than anything. She hated being stuck inside there all day long. But now, she wouldn't have to worry about lying there all day, because...

She was walking! Well, almost. I was still proud.
"Keep it movin', you're doing great." Dally smiles at her.
Step, after step, after step. Molly was so close to walking.

I glance over at Angela. From the moment she walked through the door, she had this bitter attitude. I'm not sure what had happened to her before she came here, but it must have been real bad, because she was acting real mean. She just had this vibe, that kinda killed mine.

I don't know what it was, but I knew I wasn't very fond of her. We all tried to talk to her, and make conversation, but she never responded. She would just roll her eyes.

"I can't do it, Dal. I can't." Molly huffs.
She sits down on the bed out of frustration.
"Okay, it's okay. We can try again later." Dally's consoles.
I walk over to the bed, and sit down next to her.
"It's alright, Molls. You did great." I smile.
"No I didn't." She sighs. "You guys are just sayin' that to make me feel good."
"Molls, you-" Two-bit buts in.
"I'm not dumb, okay?" She interrupts.

I somehow felt the pain that she was feeling. I felt awful for her. She had to go through all of this, just because of some guy? It wasn't fair.

Dally bent down to her level, and they met eye to eye.
Molly sighed.
"I'm sorry." She stutters. "I'm just angry."
She slumps down in her bed.
"It's alright." Darry utters.
"Yeah, we get it, doll." Steve comforts.

Dallas held his hand out.
"You wanna try again?" He smirks.
"Sure." Molly smiles back.
I couldn't help but chuckle a little.

Molly grabs onto Dally's hand, and he helps her up. She stood confidently. Her knees were shaking a bit, but she didn't mind.

She took her first step, still grasping tightly onto Dally's hand. Then another, then another, then another.
"Hey! Look at that, kiddo! You did it!" Dally excites.
"I did it!" Molly grins.
"We knew ya had it in ya, Molls." Two smiles.

She had the brightest little smile on her face.
"Good job, Molls." I tell her.
"Thanks, Soda." She beams.

"Hey, good for you. Really." Angela utters from across the room.
"Uh... thanks!" Molly smiles nervously.
Angela shoved her fists in her pockets, and flashes Molly a half smile.

"C'mon, let's try again." Dally leers.
He picked Molly back up from the bed, and helped her catch her balance as she stood up. He holds his hand out.
"You ready?"
Molly nods and smiles.

She was actually walking, for the first time in weeks. It was a miracle. It's like Molly was a year old, all over again, and she was just learning to walk. If only Mom and Dad were here.

"I'm goin' for a walk." Angela blurts out as she picked herself up from her seat.
"You have to take someone with ya." Dally explains to her, still gazing at Molly as he helped her take a few more steps.
"Nah, I'm good." She sighs.
"Man, I'll go with ya." Johnny offers, as he takes his hands out of his pockets.