𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

~~
Dallas

"Alright, lets get outta here, man." I said as I speed off the dirt road. I thought about that sunrise or whatever. I never really thought about stuff like that.
I don't know, it just made me think.

I sped to a gas station in the middle of no where and I go in and grab a few snacks to hold the two of us over for the next few hours. I didn't have much money, so I tried not to spend a whole lot.

I walk out, and wink at a couple of broads. They giggle, as I walk back to the T-Bird. I throw the bag of snacks on Pony's lap.
"Hang tight, I'm gonna get gas real quick." I tell him.
"Alright." He leans back in his seat.

I fill the truck up with gas, and speed of without paying. No one noticed.

"Dal, can we get some food or something?" Pony rubs his eyes.
"Sure, kid."

I drive for a little until I find another gas station.
"Alright, just go in an get whatever you want." I smirk.
"Thanks Dal."
I nod, and he goes inside.

I sit and wait anxiously in my seat. We were almost in Illinois, and I was nervous as hell, man. I was excited to meet her, but what if she hates me or somethin'? Or what if her folks hate me? I tried to just relax about it, and get there as fast as I could. All I really wanted to do was meet her, and tell her if she ever needed me, I'd be there. I want her to know she has a brother.

Pony comes back with his snacks, and I drive off once he gets in the car.

The next couple of hours flew by, and next thing I knew, we were three blocks away from the house. I was nervous, but excited. Pony was surprised we didn't get lost along the way.

I made a right turn, then another right turn, and then a left one, following the map. We pulled up to the house.

It was small, and pretty beat up. The grass was dead, and the sides of the house was covered in weeds. Nothin' I wasn't used to seein'.
"Well, this is it." I say, opening the car door.

I jump out, and Pony does the same.
"You hear that?" He question as he brushed his jeans off. He looked a little spooked, and not gonna lie, I was too. Someone was yelling.

We walk to the stairs leading up the door. I kept my cool, and knocked on the door.

The rusty screen door swings open. A blonde chick holding a baby was standing before us.
"Can I help you?" She sneers.
Pony waves at the baby, and tries to make it smile.

"Hey, uh, do you-" I cut myself off as I hear glass shatter, and the same yelling we heard when we were outside. I peer over the woman's shoulder, and see a man, hitting and shouting at a little girl from the kitchen.

I knew instantly the girl was Angela.
I push the lady over, and run inside. Pony follows me.
"Hey!" She scoffs.

Angela was lying on the kitchen floor. Tears were streaming down her cheeks, and she had a black eye. The man told her she was a whore, spit in her face, and hit her. Real hard.

"Get your hands off her." I shout in his face.
He looks up at me.
"Who the hell are you?"

I clench my fists as Pony watched in awe. A rush of anger came over my body, and the only thing I could think about doing, was beating the living crap of him.

I strike him in the face so hard, he falls to the ground.
"You don't hit kids, moron!" I bark at him.
He gets up and wipes the blood off his lip, smirking.

I sock him again before he could hit me back. As I speed out the front door, the mother shouts something at me. I didn't care enough to listen.

I hop in the car and start it. I speed off the dirt road as fast as I can, not looking back. I glance in the rear view mirror, and see Angela lying in the backseat. She was out cold.