The Night to Top All Nights

We just stood there for a bit looking at each other. That was until Levi spoke.

"Want to go up?" he said curious.

"Of corse." I said in a small voice trying to forget what just happened. It was something I had to take in before I do anything. Of corse my body didn't care and started climbing to get into the tree house.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Um, yeah. Let's go up." I said as I started to climb.

"You coming?" 

"Yeah I'm just gonna wait till your up." he said. Alright something's going on. It may be cold and I can't feel my hands but I can still tell something's going on. 

All of a sudden I herd a song playing. It seemed familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it so I just listened as it played

I've never seen reindeer fly. Never herd the sleighbells ring. Never seen a snowman come to life. Never herd the angels sing, but I hope and I pray that maybe this Christmas day. That'll change.

I was crying by then. This was the first Shane Dawson song I ever played for Levi. One thing struck my mind as I herd it. He remembered. He remembered the very first song I played for him from Shane. He remembered. That's all I could think over and over again. I turned around to find him with a speaker and his phone. He had done this for me after it feeling like five years since I started thinking I realized it was only a few seconds.

Once I climbed back down as fast as I could he started to sing. 

"Maybe this year I won't be sad on Christmas. Maybe I'll have a happy holiday." he sang as I just stood there. Then he paused the music and just sang from his heart. But this time the song was different.

"And all you really need, has been right in front of you this whole time. And I, I didn't need no superpowers. I saved the world and now you are mine. Now you're mine." he finshed singing and I just stood there shocked. 

"Delilah, I can't stand life without you. Never again I don't care if we can't be as good of friends as before but I need you in my life. The whole point of this is to tell you that I really docare about you. More than you thought I did. I can't go on with you hating me and igoring me so just promise me that you'll stay with me. Forever?" 

 I had no words for what just happened. I just stood there in the cold. I finally did something and ran towards Levi. I jumped when I got to him and thankfully we didn't fall he started to spin untill he finally gained his balance. That's when what he had done sunk in and I started to cry.

"No, no, no. Please don't cry. I'm sorry I ever said anything. Oh God." he said paniced. I just chuckled.

"I'm not sad you dingus. No one's ever done anything like this for me. Thank you Levi. I promise I'll always stay by your side and never leave usless you want me too." I said completly sincere.

"Trust me Lilah that won't ever happen." he said as he smiled like he just won the lottery. With his smile I could never hold a smile back. Never.

Once that was over I started staring into his stormy grey eyes. I loved his eyes they always were different everytime I looked into them. I miss these moments with Levi. 

Soon it started to rain. We both looked up then looked at each other not caring about the world around us. All of a sudden we started getting closer and before I knew it we were kissing. It was amazing. I was dreading the moment one of us would pull away. Suprisingly that one of us was me. 

Right after I pulled away I looked into Levi's eyes for a quick second to see the hurt and something I couldn't figure out. After that I ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I had to get away from him. I only wanted to be friends with him. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I ran more about 10 minutes before stopping realizing that I had no idea where I was. I put my headphones in and listened to music sitting there for a while. I pressed play on my iPhone not knowing what would come up. The worst possibly song came up.

I reconized it as soon as the intro started playing.

I'm so glad you made time to see me. How's life? Tell me how's your family I haven't seen them in a while.

I was a huge Taylor Swift fan and this is the worst time to here this song I could think of espically since it's December.

You've been good busier than ever. Small talk work and the weather. Your guard is up, and I know why.

Great, just great. First the Levi thing now this.

Because the last time you saw me stil burns in the back of your mind. You gave me roses and I left them there to die.

That didn't exactly happen but it feels like it did. The way he jsut left there like I was the roses.

So this is me swallowing my pride standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night. And I go back to December all the time.

Here I am giving him another chance and here I am ruining it too. 

I was about to get up and just walk away and find my way home when I felt someone grab my wrist. Like any other sane person I turned around and there I was face to face with Levi Riddell. That made me stuggle even more, but it was no use.

"Levi, let me go!" I said still trying to break free to no anvil.

"No not until you tell me what happened back there." he said angry.

"Levi, let's just pretend that never happened alright?" I said trying to make peace. 

"No Delilah not untill you explain to me what happened back there why'd you run off like that? Why'd you run right after you kissed me? I'm just so confused and I don't get you! Please just help me." he said his voice getting quieter by the word.

"Levi, I can't." I said

"Why Delilah? Why?! Why can't you tell me?!" he said getting angrier by the minute.

"Because Levi. Just let me go!" I said angry too.

"Fine. You know I'll see you tomorrow Delilah. Have a great rest of  your day."

I had just realized two things in that moment. That was it. I had just gotten into my first fight with Levi Riddell. My best friend. And I have a crush on Levi Riddell.