Then One Day

A Note From Kaity: This starts out a bit slow but most stories do. I was going to do one of my snapshot beginnings but I would rather stick with the actual dialogue from the main events for the introduction. It will pick up promise ;) IT IS A LARRY AFTER ALL!

xx~Kaity

-----------

"Harry? Harry are you ready to go? You don't want to be late..." my mum called up to me as I stood in my room.

I stood in front of the mirror assessing my appearance again. It would never be perfect. I had been feeling sick since that morning and no matter what I did the bags beneath my eyes showed it. At first I was worried about my skin being too pale but the sleeves of my shirt covered that issue. Then, I was worried about my hair being a mess, but a toss of my curls solved that problem. My eyes just wouldn't cooperate for this today, and I most certainly wasn't going to try and throw some makeup into the mess that I was.

"Harry!" my mum called again.

"Coming!" I yelled back as I adjusted the tan word covered scarf around my neck and headed out of my room with my phone in hand. I inhaled deeply to calm my endless nerves as I tried to focus on not falling down the steps.

My mum was waiting at the bottom of the steps with my step father and a few others. They were all wearing shirts that had 'We Think Harry Has The X Factor" printed on them. It was a bit embarrassing but I wasn't feeling up to complaining. 

"Nervous Harreh?" my sister ruffled my curls.

I nearly threw up on her shoes, "Not at all Gems!"

"Enough of that, don't want to be late. Lets go...! Go, go, go!" my mum ushered us all out to the cars. The sun was barely beginning to rise at this unearthly hour that she insisted on leaving at.

My hands were beginning to shake as I sat in the front seat. My stomach was burning and I felt terribly nauseas but I wasn't going to let my nerves get the best of me just yet. I played with the fabric of my scarf as I tried to focus my thought on the lyrics of the song that I had practiced over and over again. 

"You'll be perfect Harry," my mum patted my leg as I nodded slightly. "Feeling alright?" she asked after another moment of my silence.

I traced the letters of the words on my scarf and let my eyes close. My head was beginning to ache and I was beginning to psych myself out as the Manchester arena began coming into view. I would soon be queing with thousands of other hopefuls and they would eat me alive if they knew how I felt.

My mum parked the car and I pulled all of my stuff together before getting out. I walked calming to the queing line. Admittedly, I was glad that my mum had made us leave so early, her eagerness had landed me a spot probably about twentieth in line and the auditions didn't even start for another hour. There were some people already singing their lungs out toward the front of the line. Weren't they worried about losing their voices, not that everyone of them had one, before the audition? 

I fiddled some more with the fabric of my scarf as my stomach began to toss a bit. 

"You alright?" Robin asked as they finally reached my spot in line.

I kept my mouth shut and nodded quickly. I wasn't nervous. I, Harry Edward Styles, was not nervous.

About thirty minutes later a camera crew appeared and by then the queue was completely full, over flowing actually. I tried hard to ignore the other contestants but some of them were rather pushy. It was obvious that some of them were trying to weed out the weak competition.

"Can I take your name please?" a man with a camera approached me as I moved up a little in the line.

I kept my stare down on the fabric of my scarf, "Uh, yes, Harry Styles."