2. Space

jack and i have been distant for a while. i don't understand how this relationship is still a relationship.

it all started when he come home late. drunk. it angered me but i couldn't do anything about it. it was his choice, he does what he wants.

i tried to have a conversation about it, but he completely ignores me.

right now it's 2 in the morning. i'm waiting for his drunk ass to walk in the door again for the millionth time.

i hear a creak in the door. there he was.

i walked into our kitchen and flipped the light switch on to gather his attention. luckily it did.

"y/n, why are you up?" he slurred. he comes closer to me.

"we need to talk." he groans loudly. he tries to walk off. but i stop him before he can.

"we can talk in the morning." i see that he's slowly sobering up.

"it is morning." i said being smart. i cross my arms and cock my neck to the side. i look him in the eyes. i gave him a stare that i was being serious. he backed up a little.

"i meant when the sun is up." he replied back. i knew he wasn't tired. he just didn't want to talk.

"you're not tired jack. obviously if you can stay up and go hang out with your friends every night." i fire back. i was gonna pour out all my feelings right here and now.

"you never want to go on dates, hang out with me, it's like i'm not even in your life. when was the last time you kissed me, cuddled, made love to me." i started to trail off. i don't make an eye contact with him knowing as was gonna start crying.

"i wait every night for you to come home. making sure your okay. but why should i worry if you don't even have a little bit of care for me. the fact that i thought about being with you for the rest of my life. having kids together. that thought is gone." i felt tears but i knew i had to pull it together.

"jack, we can't be together. i'm officially breaking this relationship. i don't want to be in a relationship where you don't care anymore. i shouldn't be the only one making this work. it should be two of us." i look up at him. he has no emotion. which angers me.

"i bet you weren't even listening. of course you weren't." i scoff, and roll my eyes. i walk off, angrily.

"y/n." i hear him say. i slow down. i slowly turn towards him. we're at least a foot and a half apart. he looks at me. and the way he looks me, it's recognizable. i've seen it before. it was his lust eyes. i haven't seen those in awhile.

"i was listening. i swear." he stops. he's thinking, really hard.

"i didn't have a reaction to what was going on. i didn't have a reaction to you leaving me. i'm not gonna lie, i was usually the one leaving the relationship. i am afraid of commitment. and you're the only person i've been in a relationship with for a long time. and for some reason recently it's been scaring me. the fact you would want to be with me, forever. the fact that you go through my phases. and i'm taking you for granted. and i'm so sorry. i will continue to say sorry until you at least forgive me. i don't care how long i have to say it, cause your worth it. and i will also stop going out late, just to prove how much you mean to me. and until you're comfortable with me sleeping with you again, i'll be sleeping in the guest room." he walked up to me, and took my hand and kissed it." he let my hand go, he looked at me one once again then brushed passed me, going to the guest room. i turned and watched him walk in the guest room. he looks at me and smiles a bit, and then closes the door behind him. i bite my lip really hard.

did he really want me stay? or was it all bullshit.

i walk back into the kitchen to turn the light off. i walk in the silent dark hallway. to the guest room.