ACT TWO ;; CHAPTER SEVEN

i'm throwing a party at my place tonight, tae. starts at ten. wanna come? alcohol will be involved, but you don't have to drink. jimin and jin will be there, tho. );
- j.jk

taehyung stared intently at the small, pink sticky note that was placed on the door of his and namjoon's dorm room, his head cocked to one side in slight confusion. jeon jeongguk had thrown a party, and he was invited? if the note had been directed towards namjoon, he would have likely been less confused, since jeongguk had been awkward around him ever since their small talk about yoongi. yet here he was, and the invitation had been directed to him. not only that, but it sounded as if jeongguk was being friendly with him again.

after glancing down the hallway with squinted eyes, taehyung ripped the note off of the door almost aggressively and marched his way towards the dorm room of the first person he could think of: kim seokjin.

"explain," he stated firmly, smacking the sticky note face up onto the kitchen table, only to realize that the person sat in front of him wasn't kim seokjin, and was instead jung hoseok. and jung hoseok didn't seem to be having it.

"to me it looks like you were invited to the same party that practically everyone was invited to. and it also looks like you didn't pay enough attention to realize that i was the opposite of the person that you were looking for. sorry, taehyung, but seokjin left hours ago to play smash with jimin."

taehyung puffed out his cheeks in frustration before pulling out the seat next to hoseok and settling himself gently on top of it before burying his head in his hands. "i'm sorry for barging in, seok. you know that i'm just frustrated is all, right?"

"yeah, i get it. but isn't this jeongguk crap just drawn out by now? aren't you tired of being hurt over him?" hoseok tapped his fingertips against the table, though taehyung couldn't tell if it was out of impatience or not."

"yeah, it is drawn out, and i'm sure everyone's tired of it. but i just can't stop it, y'know?" he replied in a low tone, glancing at hoseok from the side. "it's like i try getting over him and i'm just completely incapable of doing so. it's been years, seok, so why do i still want him so badly?"

the older sighed, but he slowly nodded before standing up from his seat and holding his hand out to taehyung. "alright, taehyung. we're going to go out to buy you some shit in order to help you get your mind off of this 'jeon' asshole, okay? you can't go to someone's party without showing them up in looks."

"i like that one."

taehyung lifted his free hand to point at a button-up shirt with an interesting pattern littered over it, and hoseok hummed as he tightened his grip on taehyung's hand. "do they have it in your size? if they do, grab it and we'll get it for you. but you're not wearing it tonight."

"yeah, yeah, i get it," taehyung said with a light laugh, picking out a shirt that was his size with a contented hum. "the one and only jung hoseok will be my stylist for tonight, free of charge, excluding hugs!"

hoseok chuckled, reaching up with his hand to ruffle up the blonde's already messy hair. "hell yeah, i am. are you ready to check out now, or is there anything else you want to do, prince? we can-" the sound of a cellphone buzzing cut hoseok off from speaking, and he quickly tugged his phone out of his pocket with a slow nod. "seokjin's calling. should i take it?"

"of course you should! never, ever miss a call from seokjin. he gets angrier than a cat who doesn't want to be picked up if you miss the call, no matter what your excuse is."

"right, got it," hoseok replied before swiping over the answer button and holding the phone up to his ear. "hello, jinnie? what are you calling for?"

a soft, muffled voice was heard over the other end, but taehyung was able to make out a muffled 'jeongguk' followed by a few other words and a quiet 'party'. he was sure that he heard his own name thrown in there, but then again he could simply be imagining it.

"yeah, i was invited. taehyung was too. uh-huh, love, i'm with him right now. do you want to talk to him?" taehyung assumed that the answer was a yes, seeing as hoseok handed him the phone mere seconds later. he lifted hoseok's phone to hear, seokjin's voice becoming more audible. he quietly said hello.

"taehyung? you're listening? don't go to the party tonight. and if you do, don't get involved, okay? or don't get hurt by whatever happens. i'm warning you. do not go."

[a/n:] this chap was kinda jus a filler bc i suck and need to learn how to properly write !!1! but there's smthn that i'm working on that will (hopefully) b rlly well written and PUBSLIHED soon after i finish writing one of my other stories