Oka Chance..!

Vennela stood in front of the mirror looking at all the makeup torture her family has put her through for the monkey fellow from US. She heard the monkey say,

"Its okay, she will learn to adjust. I will make sure she is comfortable"

Who was he to change her? But she did not know what to do! They have completely closed every way for her to escape. And her Mavaiyya this time personally asked her not to mess this up for her parents who are anxious to get her married. She remembered the conversation.

"Vennela? What is wrong amma? Do you like someone?"

But what can she tell him when her Athaiyya did not reply neither did her bava. So she just stood there.

"If the boy is ready, we can approach him now. For us, your happiness is important. Your parents are really worried with each rejection."

Was bava ready? Did he reciprocate her feeling? She did not know. May be she knew but wanted him to come out clear.

"Come downstairs Vennela. Let this get over. Idi Pelli choopulu matrame. Pelli kadu. So don't worry"

He said and moved out. Vennela got a little courage. Her mavaiyya has always been like a pillar supporting everyone in this family. Mainly her.

Everything went on smoothly. The guy really liked her it seems. She was made to look demure, shy while she was not. She was to move to US with him, adjust to his habits, his routine.. Blah blah blah.

But all her concentration was one person who cared less about everything here. As she kept looking at her phone for any kind of response, she saw him entering. She kept looking at him. So did he.

She saw her father nearing her. But she had eyes only for one man. She heard her father saying that the guy would change her, take her to US and she would be happy. But nothing reached her as her eyes held her Bava's in question.

"I cannot think anyone else as my life partner. Could you?"

But his were devoid of any emotion. But suddenly his voice shook her.

"Pedda inti sambandhamo America sambandhamo ayithe thanu santhosanga undathu mavaiyya. She will not be happy in wealthy place or any America."

She frowned at him. What is he saying?

"Thanu eppudu navvuthu unde la chooskune vaadu untene thanu santhosanga untundi. She will be happy only with a person who could always keep her smiling."

She did not know what she felt at that moment. But she felt light. Till now she had a doubt. But now it was clear as water. All those moments in Hyderabad were not just hers, but his too. She looked into his eyes.

"Ekkado dooranga unde prapanchaniki pampiste thanu navvutu brathikedi mavaiyya. Thana lo unde andamayina prapanchani preminche vaadu dorikitene thanu sontosanga untundi. If you send her to a different world afar, she will smile and live. But she will be genuinely happy only if she gets a person as a life partner who could love her beautiful world."

She always knew her Bava was very intense person. But this? How accurately he had noticed her. This was her world. This place, her family and her Mavaiyya who cared for her more than her parents. She knew that he was standing there watching the drama unfold. And she knew that he would be happy with this because she was so sure that he would not want to lose his son whom he just got back and also not to lose her whom he has loved as his own daughter.

Then she heard her bava.

"Maarchuvadaniki thanu lopam kadu mavaiyya, Adbutham. Aa Adbuthani prathi kshanam aanandisthu preminche vaadu dorikitene thanu santosanga untundi. She is not a bad habit to be changed. She is a miracle. She would be happy only if she has a person in her life who would happily love and cherish for the Miracle she is"

She could not control her tears. Never once, no one has said something like this to her. She was not a person to take compliments. She was this crazy mad girl, who did all crazy stuff and always got scoldings from her parents. But it was her mavaiyya who understood her and would always make her feel special in the little time he could get as he was always busy. But she never thought the day would come when a person who could love her so much would stand in front of her when she was at the verge of losing hopes. She smiled. Her Bava smiled too. A smile that only she understood and saw unlike others.

She heard her mother.

"She is our daughter, our family so we can always have high hopes for her. But in today's time from where do we find a person who would understand this and bear her?"

She so wanted to kill her mother. She had to go and spoil the moment for her. Why should anyone bear her? She was not a burden to bear.

But then she saw her Bava walking to her. Her eyes brimmed already.

"Oka chance isthava? Jeevithantam ikada patukoni cheesukuntanu. Will you give me one chance? I will look after you for a lifetime, keeping you here"

He said gesturing to his heart. She remembered saying the same thing to him just playfully. She at that time thought why couldn't she be that girl? And today her thought, her dream was coming to true. Her words failed her. Her eyes brimmed more blurring her vision. And all she could do was utter a

"HMM"

And go into the arms of her bava who loved her so much. Much more than she could imagine or others could understand.

She felt his arm go around her and she burrowed more into him. She felt him leaning in.

"Bharinchadaniki nuvu bharuvu Kadu Vennela. Nuvu Vennela. You are not a burden to bear. But you are Vennela, moonshine."

He stated very casually. She sobbed. At that moment, she felt her mavaiyya coming and standing behind her. She broke out and was about to move out when her bava made her stand in his hold letting his arm go around her shoulder while his other hand was casually tucked in his pant pocket.

She smiled at her mavaiyya as her tears flowed. She could see his smile. He held her bava's shoulders in a tight grip letting his emotions to be seen through actions as she was sure that words have failed for him too.

"Jai!"

Was all he said before he took bava in his arms in a tight hug. Today their relation saw another dimension. She saw her mavaiyya calling her and she went close to them. He opened one of his arm from around her bava and wiped her tears. Sobbing she too went into his arms making her bava chuckle.

They broke out and her mavaiyya went on to his sister, her mother.

"Lakshmi! Naa koduku ki, nee koothuruni.."

"Adagala? Should you ask?"

Her mother smiled. Everyone were happy. She felt her bava's arm going around her shoulder. She looked up at him.

"Amma nana dagariki ravalante, idi okate maargam. Mana pelli. Ippudike chala late ayindi bangaaram. For amma to come back to Nana, this is the only way, our marriage. Its already too late bangaaram."

She scowled. Did he just.. She glared at him seeing him grin. Coming out of his hold, she gave him one smack behind his head making him chuckle and take her in his arms. She too smiled and she felt home in his arms.