Bava Maradalu- A Long Drive

JAI.. JAAAIII

BAVA!

Jai woke up suddenly hearing the voices yelling for him. He looked at the time and found that he has been asleep for almost an hour. Already he slept once after his breakfast with Latha and Vennela. And now he has again slept after lunch and that too for almost an hour? Again? He never slept like that. He was not sleepyhead. Even if it was a Sunday. How did this happen?

Then he remembered his struggle to sleep since Vennela came here. His Maradalu was dangerous and kept disturbing him to no ends where he has lost his sleep now because of her. Chuckling he walked out straightening his hair and shirt.

Vennela looked up as Jai descended down in black shirt and white pant. Just like the day she met him for the first time. She kept looking at him as he came and stood in front of her and clicked his fingers bringing her back to present.

"Vennela!"

"Huh.. Haan?"

"What are you looking at?"

Vennela looked away and started playing with the oni of her end.

"No.. nothing Bava"

"Really?"

He asked bending to her and she moved back.

"Huh?"

"Your eyes tell something different Vennela"

Saying he moved out leaving back a speechless Vennela.

VENNELA!

"Vastunna Athaiyya!"

Saying she rushed out as she heard her Athaiyya's voice. Outside she saw Sreenu waiting there while Jai was caressing the bike.

"Enti idi? Looks like a truck or load lorry has been remodelled with 2 wheels and a seat!"

Jai looked aghast. How can she tell that about Hyosung ST7 cruiser bike? One of the luxury bikes in India?

"Vennela.."

But before he could do or say anything, his mobile rang. He smiled looking at the display. His father.

"Hello Nana.."

"How did you like the gift nanna?"

"Its.. so.. Thank you Nana"

"Be careful while driving. Take speed.. But be controlled and no drinking and driving understand?"

Jai chuckled.

"Okaayyyy"

He prolonged and then chuckled as his father chuckled too.

"Happy birthday nanna. Take this for every birthday I missed with you."

He said. Jai looked at his mother who was looking at him and his every expression on his face. He kept his face controlled and cleared his throat.

"Nana.."

"Enjoy nanna"

And Deva cut the call. Jai too pocketed his mobile and turned to his mother and then at Vennela who looked at both of them. She cleared her voice.

"Athaiyya. What do you think? Can Bava ride this ship on two wheels?"

Latha chuckled and wiped away the one tear that was about to fall from her eyes.

"What do you think of your Bava Vennela?"

"A lot"

She murmured.

"Ahem!"

Both Latha and Jai coughed.

"I know that Vennela.. But do you know? In his college days Jai was bike racer."

"Ammaaa"

Jai looked surprised.

"What did you think? I will never know?"

Latha chuckled looking at Jai's face.

"What bava? Hidden talents?"

"Hmm.. Change and go for a ride on that cruiser bike. You will see what all talents your Bava has Vennela!"

Latha said shocking both.

"Ma?"

"Athaiyya?"

"Enti? Its Sunday. Go on a ride. Long drive. Picture, dinner and come home. For how many days will you make her sit at home Jai?"

"Velli randi! Go.. change and leave"

Saying she tapped Jai's back and went from there.

"May be Athaiyya is right bava. You haven't taken me around a lot. And I have been going around you and your office only. May be this truck can change that!"

Jai turned to her narrowing his eyes.

"You.. going around me and my office is fine by me until some Kishore doesnt interfere. And that is not a Truck, or a lorry or a ship or boat or canoe. It is a Cruiser bike. Okay?"

Saying he went inside to change leaving behind Vennela who chuckled and giggled.

Soon both were on the outer ring road traveling towards Hussain Sagar Lake. Vennela felt her hair flying as she buried her face in Jai's back.

"Aww Bava.. Enti aa vegham?"

"You only asked about my talents right?"

"Bava!"

"I have more talent.. Want to see?"

Saying he raised the bike and moved even more faster making her to hug him close. Jai smiled secretly enjoying the closeness with his maradalu. Vennela smiled hiding her face on Jai's back enjoying the ride with her Bava as the wind whirred making her hair fly.

Jai took her to a movie and kept watching her as she enjoyed the movie hooting and laughing and crying at every instant. Jai took her to a famous restaurant for dinner.

"Order what you want Vennela."

Saying he gave her the menu card. Vennela looked around boringly.

"Evayindi Vennela?"

"Bava.. dim lights, silent environment.. Boring chettha sutthi music. Enti Bava idi."

Jai chuckled. He should have known.

"Seri. Come with me."

Saying he took her to Old city where she looked around and smiled.

"Bava Gaajulu! Bangles."

But the shop was closing. Jai was about to stop him for a purchase when Vennela stopped him.

"Vaddu Bava. He is on his way to see his family. Let him. Lets eat."

Saying she went to a shop and ordered the famous Andhra Delicacy, Upma Pesarattu.

"Bava.. Here. Eat this.."

She fed him a piece dipped in spicy Groundnut chutney and wiped away the dripping chutney from his lips. Jai smiled looking at her as she enjoyed her delicacy not minding her little stunt.

Vennela took another piece and put into her mouth and stole another look at her Bava who was enjoying his own pesarattu. She smiled secretly and looked at her fingers that wiped his lips and smiled again.

"Bava.. What is all this?"

She thought.

"Maradalu.. Why can't I see you like any other girl in my life? Have to do something about it!"

He thought as he put another piece into his mouth and munching it.