Bava Maradalu- Home Alone

"Vennela.. Food is in the casserole. Sambar, Rasam ni microwave lo heat chesukoni thinandi. Idli.."

"Is in the idli making pot athaiyya. I know. I was there in the kitchen only."

Vennela said to Latha who was taking her handbag and files. Latha smiled.

"I know. But.. I don't know when I will return.. Nallagandla lo the event is going to take a lot of time.."

"Amma.. you know the location right? Just take a cab Amma.."

"I have fed the location already in the GPS Jai.. Don't worry."

"I know you like to drive. But still.."

"Don't worry. If it takes much time than expected, I will take a cab in return and later someone can pick it up."

"Call us Athaiyya.."

"Sure. See this is the first time I am leaving you at home and you both have planned to stay and not go anywhere.."

"Amma.."

"I know.. You both have been working a lot and yesterday you had succeeded with the project too. So take rest. But be careful."

Saying Latha went ou taking the car keys.

As soon as she went out Vennela latched the door and turned to see Jai standing leaning on the basement staircase railing. Something in his eyes made her look down as she crossed him to go to the basement.

It was as if in slow motion. She crossed him and his eyes kept following her. She tried hiding her smile while he gave his signature smile. Not able to take it anymore, she rushed the rest of the steps and reached the theater room and she waited near the door as he walked past her with the same smile and sat on the couch.

He switched on the TV and as usual some english movie was going on. She tried to get hold of the remote control to change the channel when she felt his hold on it strengthening. After a few vain attempts, seeing that he was not ready to let go, she got a naughty thought.

Smirking, she slowly slid her hand down and let her fingers touch his.

She felt a shiver. But she wasn't sure if it was him or her.

"Did Bava too feel it?"

Vennela could not help but think so.

"Did Vennela understand what havoc she is creating in me?"

Jai thought as he looked at her. The white top and skirt looked so good on her. Just like herself. Pure and beautiful from the inside that radiates to outside.

Suddenly Jai started sweating in the AC room. So did Vennela. Not able to take it anymore, Vennela stammering blabbered something and went to her room. Jai too switched off the TV and went to his rooom and both stayed away until the evening except for the brief and silent lunch.

In the evening, Jai had gone out for some work and Vennela too went out to the nearby temple and returned home

In the evening, Jai had gone out for some work and Vennela too went out to the nearby temple and returned home. Not seeing Jai back yet, she sat on the lobby stairs and started painting her toe nails. She usually liked to let it bare. But her Athaiyya said that where she worked presentation mattered. The same was taught in her college too. But she never cared much for it. But here it was her Athaiyya and Bava. So she did care.

In all this thought process she forgot to see Jai entering the gate.

Jai saw his Maradalu sitting in the stairs wearing that simple langa oni and painting her nails. Did she ever understand the effect she had on him? The way she bent down, her oni pleat floating down, her hair let down.. Beautiful was a small word to describe her. Because beautiful would mean only her outward beauty. His maradalu was beyond that. Urrhh.. What was happening to him.

Seeing her struggle to paint her nails with her hair flowing in the breeze he did the one thing that came to his mind.

Slowly he went and sitting near her, he took the brush from her and slid his palm beneath her foot supporting it.

The tingling sensation passed through his whole body and struck his heart

Vennela sat straight as soon as she felt her Bava's fingers on the inside of her foot. Did he even know what it did to her?

She felt his hand that was manly yet soft on her. She saw her Bava taking a deep breath as he painted her toe.

After he finished the job he looked at his handicraft and then looked at his Maradalu who was still sitting like a statue.

"Vennela.."

"Han?"

"My work is better than you."

He said still holding her foot. It took her sometime to process what he said and then she glared at him. She gave him one smack and stood up pushing him. She was about to go inside when she felt him hold her hand. She turned frowning.

"I told you not to wear langa oni in front of me"

He said in his usual impactful husky tone. Seeing her chance, she moved close to him.

"Yen? Naa langa, Naa oni, naa ishtam."

"Hmm.. hmm?"

He said moving more close and also pulled her more close.

"Naa chetulu, naa ishtam."

He said in his gravelly voice and did one thing that Vennela never expected him to do. He held her waist and without giving her time to think, just gave one squeeze and looked into her eyes.

"You are my maradalu.."

He said and moved inside. Vennela just looked at him with wide eyes as his tone kept ringing in her ears. Then smiling to herself she ran to her room, into the bathroom and stood under the shower and giggled to herself thinking about her Bava.

Jai's situation was not any better. He was standing under cold shower thinking about the one woman who disturbed him so much and yet looked so innocent. He chuckled.

"What are you doing to me my Maradala.."

He said as he stood under the shower of cold water that soothed him down.