Office Lo Maradalu

Jai was feeling left out. His presentation was going down the drain. His concentration was not on his employees who were here for the meeting. His mind was not on the presentation he was supposed to give to them. His eyes were not looking at the people staring at him.

Instead, his eyes, his mind, his concentration and above all, his heart was around that one person who did not give a damn about him and was giggling and smiling at one idiotic goose working in his office. KISHORE ADDALA, his chief consultant.

They were glaring at his laptop and smiling looking at it. Jai couldn't take it. Why did he have to introduce that young fellow to his excited maradalu? He tried swallowing his grunt.

"Guys! Please ask Sreenu about the meeting details. Will meet soon. Thank you. Good day"

He concluded the meeting and tried not minding the weird looks he was getting from his people as he moved out signalling Sreenu to continue the meeting as he went from there to Sreenu's cabin.. Vennela's cabin now, which made Sreenu frown at him.

He held Kishore by his shoulder and pulled him out. Kishore who understood who was pulling him, immediately tried talking business. But whom was he trying to fool?

"Enti?"

Kishore tried to maintain his facade.

" She is new kada? So I am explaining her the work"

" She has come here to work? Who said so? Thanu time pass cheyadaniki vachindi. Its better if you do your work."

Jai saw Kishore's stance change. So did Jai's.

"She is behaving close with me. How do you expect me to avoid SIR?"

Kishore asked. And Jai lost it.

"With buffaloes, dogs, and anyone crossing her path, she behaves that way. Its not the speciality of the buffalo or YOURS. Athi thana goppathanam."

Jai saw Kishore's deflated face. But something inside him still kept erupting.

"You take your materials, equipments and shift to the cabin in front of mine."

And with a deep satisfaction he saw Kishore's face falling to the ground.

"You may leave now"

And he saw Kishore walk away defeated. Who asked him to go near his Maradalu? He had it coming. But his insides did not calm down as he saw Vennela calling for Kishore. He went out and stood looking him pointedly that made Kishore move out without even looking up at Vennela.

Vennela frowned seeing the man not even meeting her eyes, the same man who was talking and laughing so well with her sometime back. Until, her bava kidnapped him in between. A bell ringed in her mind. She looked up and saw Jai standing leaning on his cabin doorway as Kishore shifted to cabin in front of his.

She narrowed her eyes at him which he met and shrugged as moved out towards cafeteria. Vennela moved to her cabin and smiled.

"Bava ki kadupu manta!"

It was evening, as they returned home. Latha was already there.

"Vennela.."

"Athaiyya.."

Saying she hugged Latha making her chuckle. Jai also chuckled. Him and his mother have always been very much like closed tins. Never showing feelings out. But they understood each other well. But Vennela was another thing all together. She was a welcome change in this silent household.

"How was office Vennela?"

"Amma! Seriously? She is a KG kid that you ask her WHAT HAPPENED IN SCHOOL TODAY after her return. I am your son remember?"

Latha looked at her son raising her brow.

"My son, are you jealous?"

"Jealous and me? Huh!"

Latha raised her brow even more. Jai just shrugged and went to his room to change. Latha and Vennela who were looking at the direction he went, looked at each other after he closed the door and laughed.

"Go and freshen up. Dinner will be ready in sometime."

"I will help."

"Vaddu ra. I can manage. You must be tired today kada?"

"Nothing. YOu just wait. I will change and come."

Latha shook her head seeing the girl sauntering to her room. Vennela was a fresh breeze their life needed now.

This became a routine in a week and by another week, everyone in the office knew that Vennela was off the bounds as she was the BOSS GIRL. Their boss, who was known for his silent nature and I DONT GIVE A DAMN attitude were now getting used to his lovesick nature of following Vennela. They saw him smiling more and laughing more with her. They even saw him getting smacks from her which made many gasp the first time. So, it was unwritten rule that no one were welcome in the cafeteria open garden corner which was Jai Vennela place.

Though Jai kept terrorising anyone who came near Vennela, she did not step back in mingling with everyone. She even managed to thaw Kishore back to speaking normally with her which did not sit well with Jai at all. But did she care?

"Bava! You can see your laptop later. Finish the lunch before it gets cold"

She said trying to serve him. But jai stopped her.

"I have to finish the designs by tomorrow Vennela. Don't disturb me. And I don't want anymore rice."

Vennela frowned and tried serving rice once more as she saw his plate having only one dry roti. She hated when her bava ignored food for work. But he again stopped her and she got angry. And she did one thing she always did when he irritated her making her angry. She gave him one smack on his head.

"Sir.."

Sreenu's voice stopped abruptly. Jai glared at her and then at Sreenu who coughed an apology and ran from there chuckling.

Jai's glare came back to Vennela.

"How many times should I tell, NOT IN THE OFFICE Vennela!"

Vennela who already looked sheepish uttered a feeble sorry.

"By the time you are out from here, no one will remember me as the boss!"

HE said shaking his head. Vennela just looked at him. She got up and hugged him to her heart. Jai smiled. In these 3 weeks, he got Vennela to open up to him. Except for one thing.

"And I have been waiting to ask this."

He said as he pulled her away and made her sit on her chair in front of him.

"Enti?"

"You hit me.. But always smile with others. Neeku Bava nena vaala? Me or them? Mainly that Kishore."

"Bava?"

"Why don't you smile for me?"

Vennela looked taken aback.

"Nuvu naa maradalu. You are my maradalu. Keep that in mind while smiling at others."

Saying he got up and went out, but not before popping up a piece of roti from her plate. Vennela's wide eyes followed him as he walked to his cabin. Once he was inside, Vennela looked at her plate and chuckled.

"Bava.. I am your Maradalu. Forever. Nothing can change that."

There Jai stood watching Vennela smile. He smiled too.

"Maradalu is dangerous! Should do something about that."

HE thought to himself.