Bava Missing Maradalu

Jai smiled all the way home. Because in all this time he and his maradalu spent together, they have gotten close and comfortable around each other. He wanted for this to stay the same all their life. He walked inside his home smiling thinking of taking her somewhere. She had been eating his brain to take her out somewhere as they had not gone for a ride after that Success party in his office. He waited for her to come running to him holding her langa calling him Bava.

But he frowned not hearing those words, nor her voice anywhere in his home.

"Amma!"

He called for his mother.

His mother came out and took his equipments. Even she looked tired and off.

"Emayindi amma? Vennela Ekada? Where is Vennela?"

His mother shook her head.

"Dhaani Nana vachi theeskelli poyaru Jai! Her father came and took her back to Village all of a sudden. He said that something urgent has turned up."

Jai's world lost its light all of a sudden.

"Jai!"

His mother called him bringing him back.

"You want coffee?"

He could only shake his head. He went to his room. Everything felt lifeless. His own room felt alien. He just went about doing his routine.

Latha kept watching her son's robotic ways.

Next morning, Jai smiled as he heard..

"Bava! Coffee!"

Everyday morning, the way Vennela stood in front of him wearing that very distracting Lehenga oni of hers and gave him coffee always made his day. He opened his eyes only to see empty space. He frowned.

Where was Vennela?

In office he looked through the glass door of the cabin and smiled seeing Vennela sitting there frowning at the laptop.

SIR!

His PA called. And Suddenly Vennela's cabin was empty. He frowned. What is happening?

This went on for few days and Latha observed every single thing about her son. But she waited for him to open up, until that phone call came.

That evening when he went home, his mother was sitting on the living room sofa waiting for him. He kept his equipments and went to her. He sat on the floor in front of her.

"Emayindamma?"

He asked. Latha looked up at him.

"What is wrong with you Jai?"

Jai frowned.

"I am.."

"Don't tell me fine! I have been watching you. Vennela vellina roju nunchi, nee lo enno maarpulu"

Jai was taken aback. Was he really..?

"Do you like her Jai?"

His mother's questions brought him the memories of all the moments he spent with his cousin. All her silly antics, her asking about his expectations on his bride, her getting irritated by his answers, the way she without any hesitation drove him proudly on her TVS and introduced to her groom as lover...

He chuckled.

He frowned at his own chuckle. And it dawned on him. He missed her badly. But more than that, he missed himself. She had become a part of himself in this short span of time.

His face brightened up. He looked up at his mother who still sat there with neutral face of hers.

"Jai..! Vennela's parents have got her a groom from US"

And his face lost its brightness. What was kept in US?

"Amma.."

"Jai! Tell me one thing. Are you serious about Vennela? I don't want all those stories you said in college times when you were dating few girls"

Jai thought of himself in last few days and days before that, with Vennela. Both were clear as day and night.

"Amma! I am very much serious"

And he saw his mother smile. She ruffled his hair.

"So.."

"I am going to Rentachintala."

Latha grinned.

"I will pack this place up. You go first and I will follow you after settling this place. I think we have been away from our family for a long time."

Jai smiled and got up and got ready to leave. His mother stood at the threshold and called him..

"Oh and Jai.."

He turned to her opening his car door.

"Vennela also loves you. She just called me and said"

Jai's smile grew wide. His mother was right. He has been away for long. Not anymore. He is going to get his Vennela. He smiled and started his bike that took him on the journey towards his life.