"well..." san sighed with indifference, possessing the audacity to stretch his limbs and give a little shrug. "you obviously aren't interested."

"don't be a tease." wooyoung stated, cocking his head as his interest began to grow.

"for every question you get right... you get a reward." wooyoung froze, his pout morphing into a devious grin at san's words.

"and if you exceed a C on the test, I'll grant you one wish from me." he continued slyly, examining his nails and sneaking wooyoung a playful glance.

"well when you put it like that..." wooyoung considered, sitting up in the bed.

"-you can't really refuse." san finished for him with a sweet giggle.

"i really can't." wooyoung agreed, half to himself as he not too reluctantly pulled himself out of bed.

making his way to the bathroom to make himself a little more presentable, he brushed his hair and teeth hurriedly, not wanting to waste any time as he pulled on a loose hoodie and exited before he was even entirely finished.

san winked at him before going in after, making wooyoung wait in anticipation outside of the door, for once eager to learn.

"you're taking ages!" he complained, placing a longing hand on the wood separating the two.

"don't complain, jung." came the slightly strained reply, amplified oddly by the bathroom's echoey walls.

"what's the nature of these rewards?" wooyoung enquired, unable to restrain himself any longer from letting the question slip.

his question was first answered with a chuckle, but the words that casually followed stopped wooyoung's heart then and there, melting his insides and turning his knees to jelly.

"i'll take one item of clothing off for every correct answer." was the reply that replayed over and over in the span of the second they were said in wooyoung's mind.

it's too early in the morning for this. he gulped, words caught in his throat as he struggled for a response.

"r-really." he managed, more a confirmation than an actual question.

"uh huh." san repeated from the other side, and wooyoung touched his chest with his hand to check if it was still beating.

but of course, as this was san he was dealing with, there had to be some kind of catch.

and as the door opened, the catch was quickly revealed, san stepping into the bedroom with a smug smile.

he was dressed in perhaps every piece of clothing he owned: so many layers baking him that he appeared to be preparing for a snowstorm.

"you better answer some correctly," san mumbled, waddling uncomfortably forwards. "because i am overheating."

"oh, don't worry." wooyoung breathed, unfazed by the minor complication. "i plan to nail every single question on that fucking sheet of paper."

san hummed awkwardly, seeming to realise the extent of the other's determination. ah, the wonders of teenage hormones.

they sat opposite eachother, a collection of maths related papers resting in san's lap as wooyoung stared at him deeply, chin propped on one fist. he was sitting at the small almost unnoticeable desk in the corner of the room, finally being put to some use.

san cleared his throat, breaking eye contact and examining the work before him. "first question."

he gave the sheet to wooyoung, who only had to read it twice before scribbling the workings he fought so hard to remember and handed it back to the other for checking.