Chapter 1

Cora

"Wakey, Wakey!" My best friend yells as she barges into my bedroom "Your mom let in." she says and proceeds to pull the warm blankets off my warm body.

"No!" I groan grabbing my baby blue colored sheets from her hand and cover myself with it where it belongs. I can immediately sense my best friend, Riley Anderson, plop down on the bed next to me.

"Get up, Cora." she persisted. "It's the first day of school and I know you don't want to be late."

Ugh! She's right. I get off my bed and head to the bathroom as Riley states, "I'll wait in the car, you take more than 30 minutes and you're walking." I respond by nodding and rush to begin my routine.

I jump in the shower and wash my hair with my vanilla scented shampoo and conditioner. The feeling of the hot steamy water against my skin compels me to never leave, then I remember Riley's threat of making me walk to school and I quickly turn the water off.

I brush my teeth and put on the outfit I chose the night before; tight black jeans along with a grey tank top with spaghetti straps and decide to take a jean jacket and wear my black converse.

I finish off by spraying my favorite perfume, I go downstairs and grab a granola bar and see my mom drinking her usual black coffee. "Bye, mom. See you later." I wave to her as I begin to exit the house.

"Have a nice day, sweetheart!" she responds as I exit the front door.

I rush to Riley's impeccable Mercedes which I extremely envied her for. She got her license as soon as she turned 16 and became my ride ever since, we're 17 now turning 18 in a few months. I haven't gotten mine due to the fact that I am currently unable to afford one, but it's totally fine as long as I have Riley to drive me.

"Took you long enough." she rolls her eyes followed by a weak smile as I enter the car.

"It's the first day of school, Ry, it takes time to adapt since I am currently jet lagged." I say earning an understanding nod from her as she turns on the engine.

We reach the hell hole, some may call 'school' and make our way to the administration office to collect our schedules and head to our first period. Mine is Chemistry. Yippee. We discovered that the only classes we have together are Gym and Lunch, unfortunately.

On my way to room 259, I glance down at my clock and realized I have a few minutes to spare before going to class and decide to put my school books in my locker. I finally reach it and begin putting the books. Apparently, as I shut the locker I turned around too fast and bumped my face into...someone dropping all my books in the progress.

I began gathering my chemistry books whilst mumbling apologetic remarks and stood to look at the man whom I have graced with my embarrassing presence.

I looked at his face which held no emotion, and his beautiful blue eyes which intensely gazed into my hazel ones, were unreadable and his jet black hair was perfectly adjusted. He was also wearing black jeans, a white shirt and a leather jacket, and you can instantly notice his rippling muscles through it. There was no doubt in my mind that he was the most handsome man I've ever seen.

"You done staring?" he remarks immediately causing the redness in my cheeks to emerge.
"I-I wasn't-" I stuttered. Damn I only stutter when I'm nervous. He smirks but quickly masks it and rolls his eyes.
"Watch where you're going next time." he growls and walks away. Leaving me standing in awe in the middle of the corridor. Rude much?

I shook off the embarrassment and ignored the haunting cackles of the skank squad which consists of the school's mean girls, Ava Diaz and Audrey Clark, whom Riley and I like to call the Double A's. Eventually, I made my way to Chemistry class and sat in the middle row and attempt to listen to the boring lecture.

Here we go again.