THIRTEEN

—𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙈𝙄𝙎𝙎𝙄𝙊𝙉!

❛❛ 𝙎𝙐𝘾𝙃 𝙒𝙃𝘼𝙏 𝙉𝙊𝙒? ❜❜

~  ☂︎︎  ~

"𝙄 𝙈𝙐𝙎𝙏 𝘼𝘿𝙈𝙄𝙏, Number Five and (Y/N), in all the time that I've been here, I've never met, or seen anyone quite like you two."

The clacking of the Handler's heels against the floor were annoying me, but I continued to walk. Five's hand slipped into mine, and he squeezed it for reassurance. "Hazel and Cha Cha, for example, are talented, certainly, but they can't see the big picture. Five's spunk, and," The Handler paused to look back at me, "and Eight's powerful spirit. If things work out here, you could potentially make fine successors." I rolled my eyes at this woman. Everything about her annoyed me, down to her perfect blonde curls.

"I'd like to discuss the logistics of my family's safety, of your earlier convenience." Why do they all sound so polite? I honestly just want to yell "Fuck this!" and leave. "As well as this body replacement." I sighed, knowing that he was still 58 mentally. The Handler smiled. "Such chutzpah."

Such what now?

"It's refreshing, I'll admit. Slow down Five, all in good time. We have all the time in the world," she said, gesturing to the space around her. We continued to walk through the building. I was barley listening to a word she was saying, only nodding every time she looked over at me. "Based on that information, the Commission sends messages via pneumatic tube to temporal assassins like you formerly were. Any queries so far?" Yeah, why are you still talking? Of course, I didn't say that out loud, but I still had the urge to suck the life out of her with my powers. "Five, (Y/N), meet Dot. Dot is responsible for all apocalypse matters. In fact, it was Dot here who flagged your appearance in 2019," she said, gesturing to a woman with a bright happy smile. I hated her already.

"I suspect you two like the challenge," The Handler said, leading us over to two desks. "Which is why I've you two a fairly complex first case," she added, handing me a folder with what I suspect is information. "Any who, if you have any questions, I'll be right behind you."

Surprisingly, I caught on quickly to Five's system and equations. An hour and a half into our work, we seemed to be doing pretty well. I felt someone tap my shoulder. "Hiya Five, (Y/N). How's it going?" Dot asked, her wide smile reaching her ears. "We must have utter silence in order to complete this task," Five said, not bothering to face Dot as he typed away. Trying to be a little sympathetic, I gave her a small smile and a thumbs up. She smiled even wider and turned back to her work. Five and I typed away until our paper popped out. "Done!" I declared, and gave it to Five, who rolled it and shoved it inside a tube.

I followed Five into a room. "Five, it's not there."

"Just follow me (Y/N)."

We continued to walk until I heard a voice. I jumped, slightly startled, and turned around, grabbing Five's hand. "I'm afraid that's not procedure," The Handler's voice said behind me. "Meet Gloria. This is her job, not yours," she said, gesturing to a lovely old woman. "Gloria, meet Number Five and (Y/N)." The old woman gave us a smile. I shook her hand while Five stood to the side.