Cassian x Male!Reader

Start from the beginning

Because you had lived your entire life there in the woods, you had no idea how to treat these newcomers.

"Uhh... Hello?"

The rider on the horse to the left snorted, grinning. The strands of his hair that were loose from the knot of hair on his head whipped in the breeze, straying back and forth about his head like a vivid memory of a wind god among his element.

"Is this the one?" He asked, studying you closely. The rider on the center horse nodded.

"I'll go then." The rider on the horse to the right said, he then disappeared; just like that.

"Let's go then." The male on the center horse nodded to the left one, his eyes still on you.

You had no idea what was going on, and running seemed like a good idea at the time. So you ran. Or tried to anyway. Because the moment you turned and pushed your right foot down to sprint for the edge of the clearing, the handle on your basket broke, and the basket fell.

And you tripped over it.

In front of them.

You didn't even make a step.

You were then unceremoniously slungover the shoulder of the man from the horse on the left, and then dumped onto the horse on the right.

Your mind really was tired of saying "horse". Five hours later you were in a place called the Autumn Court. Three weeks later and you were their ambassador.

And now, back to the present.

"Nope. We have never met before." You shook your head, trying to stay casual and not act panicked.

Cassian watched you for a bit, long enough that you felt your cheeks grow hot. He then shrugged, and, as you watched incredulously, took a sip from your cup of wine. He noticed your look and raised a brow.

"What? You don't mind right?" He asked you. You opened your mouth to answer, but he answered his own question.

"Nope, you don't. Anyways, High Lord Ryhsand asked me to tell you to meet him in the town house up there, on the hill, in the living room." He pointed, and you turned to look. There was, indeed, a quaint town house on a hill overlooking Velaris.

When you turned back to Cassian, his face was multiple inches closer than it was before, enough so that it made your breath catch. He noticed, and his mouth quirked to one side.

"Careful now," he said, his voice low, but mischievious. "I don't think your High Lord would condone a dalliance with the Night Court's most popular general." His gaze met yours, and he winked at you, his hazel eyes glittering with amusement and mischief.

You felt your cheeks flush, and you unconsciously leaned in before you knew what you were doing. When you realized what you were doing, you jerked back, breaking your gazes. Cassian had snapped back too, and you swore you could see a little bit of pink on his cheeks.

"I should get going. It was a pleasure to meet you."

He said, quickly regaining his composure and his usual swagger. He stood up and pushed the chair back in, then laid down a handful of coins.

"For the drink. Thanks for not complaining."
He flashed you a grin, but didn't meet your gaze. He unfolded his wings, which you somehow didn't notice they were there, and shot into the sky, a sudden breeze whipping your h/l h/c hair around your face.

And that was how you got here.

You had arrived at the doors to the living room. They were beautifully carved, oak doors, that looked worth a fortune. Pushing a hand against the door, you opened it only to find that the entire thing was an illusion, and that it was actually just a stone patio with flowers on the edge.