Jumping over roots and dodging branches, Tord managed to get far from the "pursuer".
Only five minutes left before the round is over. Tord thought.
If the time finished before he can catch me, he'll be "it" again.

He continued to run through the forest making swift turns. He needed to focus and strategize.
Where should he go?
.
.
.

"Dammit!" Tord yelled in frustration. "You've outsmarted me. Well done."

Tom giggled. "I learn from the best~"

They were all gathered at their tree house. All of them sat in a circle, laughing at the game they just played.

Soon, their parents called out for them. From their houses, they could hear their mothers' voices calling for dinner.

"Welp, that's our cue! Bye Tom! It was fun playing with you!" Matt was the first to stand. He grabbed Edd's hand, and of they went.

"Wha-! B-Bye Tom! Bye Tord!" Edd managed to say as he was being dragged.

The two looked at each other for a moment before laughing at their friends.

"Those two get along pretty well." Tom commented.

"So do we." Tord replied with a smile. Tom smiled back.

Their friendship was great. There was nothing that could tear them apart...

Childhood memories are always the best, aren't they?
.
.
.

It's been years...

Unfortunately, Tord, along with Edd and Matt, had to move for highschool and college. Not one of them decided to stay this leaving their imaginary friend alone in the forest to play by himself.

But... Was he imaginary?

Every single day, every single hour, every single minute, every single second...
Was it all "imaginary"?
Was Tom non-existent to them the whole time?

So that was how it felt like.
To be that one friend who didn't matter nor exist, yet they do.

Sad. Tom thought. They're not here to play with me anymore... They've been gone for years.... What do I expect?

There Tom sat alone.

Meanwhile,
The trio, just graduated from college, decided to meet up at this one restaurant nearby.
Edd had sent them messages to meet him their. Some sort of reunion.

They were all seated at one of the tables, discussing and sharing their experiences.

"Hey, what if we pass by the forest we used to play in back when we were little?" Matt suggested.

Ah yes, that forest. The forest where the three of them played together in their younger days. Where they all met up.
Tord and Edd agreed, so they all stood up and left.
They were going to see the forest.

But they weren't expecting something else.
.
.
.

"Remember this tree?" Edd asked as he ran up to one of the trees with carved words onto it.
They were small promises.
Promises they all made to each other.

"Aww, I remember that! I wrote mine first." Tord said.
Matt nodded.
"I remember writing on this tree too. I can't believe this place still exists."

"Be glad, our childhood memories were mostly made in this forest."

The three of them continued to explore until they stumbled upon a treehouse.
All of them looked at each other with happy faces.
They built the tree house as a sign of their friendship.

"Look! We even wrote our names!" Edd pointed out.
All their names were carved onto the house. Yet, there was this one name carved write below theirs...

"Guys...? Who's Tom?"

"Me."

End of part one