#chapterSix - #rapunzel

Start from the beginning

"I guess it is."

"This is gonna be gooooooooood."

"What's going on?" mumble the Andalearthians?, sluggishly walking down the stairs.

"We made smoothies!"

"Smoothies?"

"Smoothies!"

"Smoothies?"

"Please, we woke up early to make you smoothies," Hunter says, taking a break to make out with his inhaler. "The least you could do is try them."

They all take a sip at the exact same time.

Their faces all turn green at the exact same time.

They run out of the room at the exact same time.

And Hunter and I burst out laughing at the exact same time.

***

"A la Rivera." Naomi says, gushing at the restaurant Prince Dexter recommended.

"Mmm. Seems fairly decent," I say, obviously sarcastic as it has beautiful Victorian woodwork, polished and shiny, and stained-glass windows glowing, showing people how bright the lighting is inside. I take one step inside, and I am plunged into... whatever I am plunged into.

I see... light. I can hear twinkling and birds singing. I feel like I'm in lukewarm water, above the clouds, and I feel... relaxed.

And then I see a huge robin that seems to be flying upwards effortlessly, without the need to move, and I get a peculiar sensation in my gut.

And then I realize I'm falling! Falling, falling, falling, the light and the bird disappearing, the twinkling and the singing gradually becoming quieter, the relaxation turning to fear, the water becoming so, so cold.

Then I hear voices.

Voices, overlapping each other.

"Souls..."

I feel like I'm spinning.

I see the words plastered in front of me, like subtitles in some kind of sick movie.

"Be careful!"

Careful?

"You're in terrible danger, stranger!"

Danger?

"Eats the souls..."

Eats the souls?!

"Go now, while you still can!"

Go where?

"I'm watching you, Ashlynn."

Kate's voice.

"Cindy Relia, Cindy Relia, Cindy Relia!"

Joyce's voice.

"I'm watching you."

"Cindy..."

"Go now!"

"Cindy..."

"Watching you."

"Eats the souls..."

"Danger, stranger!"

"Cindy Relia! Mom is watching you!"

"Cindy!"

"Cindy!!"

"Cindy!!!"

"Go without us! Save yourself!"

The Andalearthians?