SIXTEEN- Rescue and Revelations

Start from the beginning

I couldn't figure out which one was worse.

Across the cell from me, Radar sighed and put down his notebook. "I don't know what to do."

"Out of ideas, huh?" I asked. He nodded miserably, glaring at the floor.

Lukas, who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, let out a similar exasperated sigh. "They certainly trapped us good. Without a diamond pickaxe, it would take pure magic to get us out of here."

He said this rather scornfully, but Radar's dark green eyes suddenly lit up, and he lifted his head.

"Magic! Oh my god, I can't believe it took us this long to remember."

Lukas gave him a questioning look. "Huh?"

Radar grinned. "Julia! She can get us out with her Admin powers!" he exclaimed, waving a hand towards the other Prime. Her eyes widened, and she covered her open mouth with one hand.

"Oh, wow we're idiots. I've gotten so used to hiding them that I completely forgot what I can do. Good job, me." she said with an embarrassed shake of her head. "I can't teleport us out, but I can definitely make a gap through the obsidian. Then we'll have to get out of this place before anyone realizes we're missing."

I glanced through the barrier blocks at the iron door, where Romeo was still visible outside. "Keep your voice down. And if you're breaking us out of here, try not to be too loud. We don't want to draw attention."

Julia shut her eyes, and opened them again to reveal her unsettling red-and-yellow Admin eyes. "No promises."

Squaring her shoulders and stretching out a hand, Julia balled her fingers into a tight fist. The resulting thud of the obsidian breaking was luckily not overly loud, and it was partially disguised by the faint battle noises from aboveground. Another hand motion from Julia threw the iron door open, knocking Romeo aside before he even knew what had happened.

She led the way through the wrecked wall, eyes blazing. Romeo had quickly gotten back on his feet and was staring at her in pure shock. "Y-you're an Admin?! How?! Why are you-"

Julia's powers lifted him off the ground and tossed him into the cell, reforming the wall just as perfectly as if it had never been broken. She then turned to the three of us, waiting for her a little further down the tunnel.

In that moment, I will admit that she looked downright terrifying. Julia was levitating a few inches off the ground, and her fierce expression and confident posture were made even more intimidating by the eerily glowing eyes. Her short hair whipped ominously around her face in a wind that only she could feel, and I suddenly wasn't so sure that she wouldn't try to attack us, too.

Then her eyes returned to normal, and she dropped to the ground and smiled a little guiltily. "Sorry. I'm not sure if I mentioned that these powers are a little overwhelming sometimes, but they are."

"No worries. Let's get out of here." I said, beginning to walk swiftly down the tunnel. The others quickly followed.

"Does anyone remember how we get out? Because I don't." Lukas pointed out. "When we came down, I was too stressed about what was going on and focusing too hard on the Prime to keep track."

"Oh, shoot. I...kind of remember?" Radar said.

I didn't pause. "We'll just have to figure it out."

"But we don't have time for a lot of trial and error." Lukas objected worriedly.

"Then let's not make it a lot of trial and error. We only went down a few side tunnels, we should be able to piece it together."