Chapter 3 - Grover Unexpectedly Loses His Pants

That night, I dreamed I was on Olympus. I was in the throne room, and my mother was the only one there. Not knowing what else to do, I walked up and knelt before her.

      "Rise, my daughter. I wish only to deliver a warning."

      I stood, and waited for my mother to continue. When she didn't speak, I responded, "A warning, My Lady?"

      "Yes," she mused,"a warning. A new camper shall reach Half-blood Hill tonight. I have seen him as he struggles to get there now. But there is a certain energy that radiates from him… Needless to say, I do not trust him, and I suggest you keep your guard up when the two of you meet. Do I make myself clear?"

    I nodded. Keep my guard up around this new camper. Okay. I could do that. "Yes, My Lady." Then a thought hit me. What if this was that Jackson kid Chiron and Mr. D had been talking about? Then I'd have to get closer to him so I could question him and figure out what was going on. I pushed the thought aside. "You make yourself clear."

     Athena nodded. "However, the problem is, you are supposed to greet him. And he may be the hero you've been waiting for…"

      No way. Could this new guy really be the one destined to take me on a quest? Even if Athena didn't trust him, I certainly hoped so.

     Athena pondered for a moment, then continued. "Hopefully I am mistaken. Nonetheless, it shouldn't be too difficult to keep your distance. Good luck, my daughter."

    And with that comment, my dream faded, and I woke suddenly to an earthshattering thunderclap.