Chapter Six

Settling into the large white sofa, laptop in one hand, Diet Coke in the other, i  mentally prepare myself to watch the semi-finale of Riverdale. I think  the finales were always the best episodes to watch because there so interesting and very hard not to look away.

Halfway through the episode, I hear Aiden open his bedroom door and walk down the hallway, looking up when he sees me settled on the sofa.

"Hey, what you watching?" He asks, walking towards the fridge.

"Oh you know, the finale of Riverdale."

"Well, your in luck," he says, grabbing a cold bottle of water, and jogging back towards the sofa. He plops down next to me.

" I haven't watched this weeks episode yet."

I turn towards him. "Really?"

"Yeah, I always watch it on Thursday night when I've done all my course work."

"Oh, at least we share something in common." I joke focusing my attention on the laptop in front of me.

"My favourite episode is when they  preform the musical." I comment looking at my laptop.

"Yeah me too."

"Are you serious?" I ask him.

"As a heart attack, Maddy."

I continue staring at him for a moment, startled how talkative he has become in the space of five minutes.

"Well, you've picked the right time to watch with me because, Veronica and Archie are about to confess their love for each other again for the one hundredth time this season."

I laugh.

"I swear they've been on and off the amount of times a yo-yo has gone up and down."

He cracks open the water bottle and begins taking a large sip out of it, making his red full lips glisten in the low light.

He looks over to me and gives me a bright smile, which I deicide to return kindly and i continue to watch.

We continue to stay like this while watching the episode, chatting about who our favourite characters where.

I'm sure you could guess who mine was.
~•~
Waking a bit earlier than usual, i start getting ready to head to my English Lit class. For some reason I woke up this morning with  a different attitude than yesterday. But I miss my parents terribly and I haven't seen them since I arrived here.

But they have been calling in to check on me once in a while to see how I was doing.

A slow and boring hour had past and Me and Charlotte walked together towards building 1A, we exchange goodbyes and I head to the apartment. Twisting and turning the key in the door a couple of times, It unlocks smoothly.

I sigh as my drop my heavy handbag into the floor, I call out loudly into the living room.

"Aiden! Are you home?" I call out, I didn't have the energy in me as Mrs winters wanted us to read the whole play of Macbeth in the hour we had and I thought my brain was going to explode with the information I had just gathered.

"Yes, I'm here." I turn around as he walks casually into the living room smirking.

"How was your day today Maddy?"

He questions, while grabbing a chilled water from the fridge. Today he was wearing grey sweatpants and a tight white T-shirt, exposing his muscular arms. I didn't know how intensely I was staring at his body until he shouts.