Chapter 5- just like old times

Start from the beginning

"This dummy took mine for something and ended up losing it in the movie theater," I answered back and she sighed deeply.

She let out a nervous chuckle and we pushed the door open. "This ought to be good."

Just as the door opened, my eyes widened in shock and my mouth hung open. I blinked multiple times for the image in front of me to be false but what I was seeing was actually reality.

We were about to be in so much trouble.

I turned to Venson and found him looking ahead wide-eyed and I swallowed the imaginary spit in my mouth.

"Oh, everyone is already here," Candice's grandmother smiled and led us to the table.

The same table where I found my friends and brother as well as all of our parents sitting. My friends and brother shot me a look when they found Venson and I walking in hand-in-hand. I darted my eyes to mom, dad, ma, and pa who were all smiling when they see us walking in.

"Ma," Uncle Ian stood up and kissed grandma's cheeks with a soft smile. "I see that you have already met Lexie and Venson."

"Of course son, they are both lovely together," she replied back and the smile on my face vanished but nobody seemed to think of it as anything more than us being friends.

Time flew by as everyone was catching up with grammy. Our parents knew grammy very well because they used to hang out with her when they were at uncle Ian's house. I heard our parents and grammy chattering about old times and looked away.

I turned my attention to Candice, who was sitting to my left. "You never told me that this was going to be a family dinner."

"Oh I didn't?" She whispered sarcastically then continued further. "I left you so many messages and calls to tell you about this new arrangement that grammy decided. But you didn't respond or even looked at the messages that we all sent you both."

"I told you that Bugs lost our phones," I whispered louder.

"That is none of my concern," she whispered back loudly and I felt someone kick my foot.

"Ow," I winced and my eyes shot up at the person sitting across me. I narrowed my eyes at Venson who took a bite from his appetizer. "What?"

He put his finger on his lips then looked around, telling me to stay quiet. "You're loud."

I kicked his foot under the table and he jumped in his seat, glaring at me in pain. "Don't you dare try and kick me again."

I turned to the side and found Emma giggling softly as well as Candice. I rolled my eyes at them for laughing at me. A moment later, they both stopped and glared at Blake and Noel who smirked.

Ha, take that!

Everyone was getting kicked under the table tonight.

"Oww," Noel shouted out loudly after a second, earning everyone's attention.

"What happened?" Aunt violet asked, concerned about her precious son.

He looked at all of us and found us smirking at him, waiting for him to make something up fast.

"Yeah Noel, what happened?" Candice asked, trying her best to hide her evil smile.

Noel cleared his throat and chuckled nervously as every single eye was staring at him. "Uh- I just- I accidentally poked myself with the fork."

I took a deep breath in. "Oh, but your fork is on the table."

He turned to me, glaring at me as if he was going to burr a hole into me out of anger which causes me to stifle back my laughter. "Yeah, I uh- I just put it back on the table."

"It's really not that sharp anyways, but whatever you say big bro," Emma smiled sweetly at her older brother and I covered my mouth to hide my smile.

"Well, why don't we order?" Ma suggested and I thanked her internally from the bottom of my heart for doing this.

"Of course," grammy replied back then turned to look at Venson and I with a small smile. "I have lots to talk about."

I reciprocated a fake smile and looked at Venson who looked just as uncomfortable. I shook my head as a waiter went around the table to receive orders.

We were both done for once our parents found out about this.

_______

hey guys, how are you guys today?

i have been back from my vacation and all i do nowadays is watch movies, read, write, eat, sleep, and repeat. i love summer vacations but there is nothing for me to do anymore.

anyways, how was the chapter?

don't forget to support me by voting, commenting, and sharing! thank you so much!

stay beautiful!