Chapter 5- just like old times

Start from the beginning

"It's actually not a bad idea," Candice smiled, clasping her hands together which caused me to smile.

"See," Venson also smiled.

"Fine, get to the address by seven. Also, please be there on time and don't mess it up or she'll not only scold you both but also me," Candice sent us the address in our group chat and we all nodded along. Slowly, they all left while Venson closed the door behind them.

"Let's go and pretend to be in love, mi amor," Venson kissed the back of my hand and I made a face.

"Bugs, let's not," I mumbled and went straight to lay down on his bed. "Also, mi amor is actually Spanish. It's mon amour in French."

"Whatever Bunny, I'm not good at either one of those languages. I speak Italian tho, il mio amore. But I have you to teach me some French," he winked and I smiled back.

"Wanna go catch a movie before the dinner?" I asked, looking up at him.

He nodded. "Just like old times?"

"Just like old times," I smiled as he took my hand in his and led me to his car.

_______

"Does this look okay?" I asked Venson as I snaked my arm around his with the other arm on my hip. "Or this?"

I kept changing how I would hold Venson to make it look like we were actually dating. Venson's arm snaked around my waist and he pulled me closer to him, smiling at me. "This is perfect."

I breathed out deeply and smiled back at him. "Are you sure we don't look fake because I feel very fake?"

"Stop overthinking it. We won't look suspicious until you blurt something out. We look brilliant, stop being you for the night," he said and I elbowed him, making him wince in pain.

"Whatever Bugs. So, can we walk in already? I'm starving," I exclaimed and he nodded in return.

Just as he was about to open the door, someone came running behind us with striding steps. We turned around to find Candice and an older woman who kept mumbling something to Candice whereas she just rolled her eyes.

"Candice?" I asked in question.

Her eyes widened as she looked at Venson and I standing outside the restaurant, waiting to walk in. "Hey guys."

I smiled at her. "Hey."

"Well, grammy this is Lex and Venson," she introduced us again to her grandmother because it had been years since we last met.

"Alexandria and Venson?" She called out, remembering us.

"Yes," Venson smiled at her.

"Oh, look how grown up you both are now," she smiled and pulled us into a hug.

"O-okay," I quickly said, taken aback by her action. "Nice to see you again."

"You both look lovely together," she smiled then winks as she continued on. "I always knew something was up with you two. You never seem to leave each other's side."

I let out a nervous chuckle and turned to find Venson smiling at me. "We're uh- we're—"

"We're very happy together," Venson quickly added or else I would have blurted out the truth. "Right, Bunny?"

He squeezed my waist softly, making me turn to him and I returned a smile. "Yeah, yeah sure."

"You both just arrived?" Candice asked and I nodded along. "And uh- you didn't- you didn't get to check your phones for the last six hours?"