Marigold's Origin Story

A young girl stood on top of a small hill, the cold wind hit her skin making her shiver as she looked over the burning building in front of her. The flames were still burning her the facility, the only home she'd ever known. Smoke was floating into the air, covering the stars. She had barely made it out, and not without help. She only had her skin tight latex suit on, and it wasn't doing anything for her in the cold winter weather. She looked down at herself, seeing that she was covered in ash, dirt, and her left leg had a red spot on her knee. The blood wasn't a lot, but it didn't feel good. She was lucky that it was only a scratch. Heck she was lucky that she made it out of that building before it was brought down by the rebels. The memories of what happened moments before were playing on repeat on her mind.

"Marigold, take this!" Julie had said, shoving the black backpack into her arms. Guards and Doctors were running around everywhere, she could hear guns firing off as she and Julie ran down a hallway. The red lights going on and off above them indicated that the building was on lock-down. "What is happening Julie?!" Marigold shouted over the sirens going off. They reached a staircase and Julie used her badge to open the electrically locked door. "I have done a lot of wrong things, but tonight is the night that I fix those. The Rebels are here to take down this place...but not you. I can't do enough good to erase the bad on my record, but I can help you. Before it's too late." She said as she helped the young girl put on her backpack. She grabbed Marigold's shoulders and made the child look at her. An explosion went off somewhere and the ground under their feet shook. "I know you have only been outside on your own for missions, and your scared. But once you get out of this place and get far away from it open the backpack and find the people in the files I gave you." Julie pushed Marigold through the door, but before she could shut it the child grabbed her hand. "Why do I have to go alone?" Marigold asked her. Julie should be able to come with her. She was the closest thing Marigold had to a friend, or mom. "Because I have to take down this place so they never experiment on mutants again...this is the price I'm paying for every evil deed I've done here." Julie hugged Marigold and the child was startled. No one was allowed to hug her, ever. "I have so much blood on my hands. But not yours. You are so good. And you deserve a better life than this." Julie said pulling away from the hug. Marigold hadn't hugged her back, too shocked to even move. Another explosion shook the building and Julie pushed Marigold through the door. "Run! And don't look back! That is an Order!...the last order you will ever have to follow." Julie said, a single tear running down her face before she shut the door. The lights were still blinking red, and the sirens were getting louder. "No!" Marigold cried, trying to pull the door open. Julie couldn't leave her! "That's an order!" Julie had given Marigold an order, and she always has to follow orders.

Marigold ran down the steps, got to the bottom floor.

Two guards saw her and tried to stop the child as she ran to one of the exit doors

One of them were dragging her on the floor, but Marigold was trying to wiggle out of his grip.

She used a shield to cover herself when the other guard tried to shoot her.

She was able to get out of the guards grasp, she was running to towards the door.

Another explosion shook the ground, there was suddenly fire everywhere. Surrounding her, burning her.

Marigold had a shield surrounding her, the flames were so hot, they couldn't touch her. But the flames still burned so much.

 Marigold felt like she was suffocating. She watched, frozen in shock at the two guards who had chased her burned in the flames. Their eyes melting and running down their cheeks. Lifeless.