I glanced up when a group of drunk men stumbled in, creating noise. Unfortunately for me, I made eye contact with the leader who gave me a hungry grin. As they approached the stench of alcohol filled the air, becoming stronger as they stood in front of me.

"Hello, hot stuff," the leader drawled while his disciples sniggered behind him.

"Can you leave?" I had not intention of entertaining them.

"You alone?" He continued.

"I have a friend coming."

The leader hummed in disbelief. "I don't see anyone. My friends and I will be happy to join you."

They slid into the booth on either side, caging me. Repulsion ran through my body as I flinched when the leader placed his hands on my knee. I smacked it off, glaring. "Don't touch me."

"You have a boyfriend, sweetness?" His friend with dark red hair asked, touching my face.

I moved out of his reach. "Yes, I do." Subtly, I reached for the hair pin in my hair and began trying to unlock the handcuffs.

The leader placed an arm around my shoulder. "We can treat you better than him," he whispered, his breath was disgusting and I was getting annoyed.

"You can leave me alone," I suggested and removed his arm. I tried again with the lock and this time it clicked open. Internally, I sighed with relief.

"We have a hotel room not far from here if you wanna party with us," he said. He grabbed my arm and leaned into me. "Don't be a frigid b*tch. Come with us."

Brushing him off, I got up and stepped out of the booth. I froze as I felt someone slap my ass. Whirling around, I punched the man responsible in his jaw without pausing. "You sick motherf*cker," I hissed. He groaned in pain but fury fills his eyes.

"You slut," he spat back. "Don't act like you don't want it."

"I don't remember giving you that impression."

Before he could reply, I left the diner and stepped into the night. People were everywhere and the neon lights lit up the darkness. I crossed my arms as I stood on the sidewalk, unsure where to go.

The door of the diner opened and the men came out, leering at me. The leader stepped towards me and grabbed my shoulders. He attempted to plant a kiss on my lips but I kneed him in the groin, making him fall to the ground. A few glances came our way but no one offered to help.

"Leave me alone," I repeated but the group ignored it as the man with the red hair pulled me to him, trying to kiss me. I smacked him which forced him to release his hold on me but only for a second as he held my arms down.

"Give me a kiss, slut," he slurred.

"Unless you want me to shoot you in the head, I recommend you let go of her," Ghost growled. Anger rolled of him in waves but the man seemed to not notice.

"Get your own. She's mine," the guy replied, waving him away.

Ghost narrowed his eyes and removed me from the man's hold then punched him. He fell onto the concrete from the impact. Ghost grabbed onto his hair, forcing him to face him.

"I don't care if you're drunk but you don't touch a woman like that. Or anyone for that matter," Ghost said in a chillingly calm voice. "Take your friends and go home. If I catch you again, I'll make sure no one finds your dead bodies."

He turned to me and his gold eyes met mine. I hit his arm, glaring at him. "You're late."

Despite my annoyance, seeing him made me feel better, safer. He smirked and pointed at the new black sports car that was drawing in admirers. "I went to get that."

"Didn't you have a silver one? And what about your motorcycle?"

"I got bored of them. I've sold them already so I bought a new one."

"That's why you chained me to a table?"

Ghost rolled his eyes and ushered me to the car, opening the door for me. "Get in and I'll tell you."

Once we were both in, he started the car and I spotted the small suitcase at the back with a laptop on top. "Are you going on holiday?" I questioned gesturing to them.

"It's yours," he answered. "You can't be seen with me for a bit but I'll come back for you."

"What's going on? Are you in trouble?"

"There are a few powerful men who are going to have a lighter bank account and they're going to blame me. I've got you a hotel room and you're working in this casino." He handed me a small card with the address. "Stay undercover and don't mention my name."

"Why this casino?" I asked.

"I own it. The people who go there have questionable morals but they're rich and have a lot of cash for me to take."

"You're acting very suspicious. You want me to work there and find information for you? Like a spy?"

"Yes. Most people don't know I own the casino, angel, so they meet up and chat sh*t. Sh*t that I want you to find out."

I sighed and looked at the card. "The Joker and Kings? That's what you named your casino?"

"Vegas is full of people who think they're the king, controlling the game when really there's someone pulling the strings."

"The Joker? Is that you?"

"Nope. I'm neither," he answered grinning. "I ruin the game."