CHAPTER | 5 |

THE MAN WIH THE GUN was found in the kitchen of the restaurant with his hands tied to the bars of window while his body dangled out. If he removed the rope he would have fallen to his death so had no choice but to stay still. Bruises and blood were decorated across his face as he swore, cursing Ghost multiple times.

"I'm guessing Ghost was here," Harry sighed, holding the sealed up gun that was found on the ground as the unknown man was handcuffed and escorted out of the building.

"Are we going to bring him in?" I asked, writing notes about the incident for the report I would spend hours writing.

"No. Witnesses already identified the gun man as this guy."

"Malia!"

I turned to see Duke walking towards me across the parking lot. He pulled me into his chest and let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm fine," I reassured him.

"I was so worried that something happened. You left then that man-"

Knowing he was talking about Ghost, I interrupted him. "Let me just wrap up here then we can go."

"Actually, we need you to come down to the station," Harry told me. "You were there and we can close this case now and hand it over to the prosecutors."

I shrugged apologetically to Duke. "I'm sorry. We can go out in the weekend if you're free."

He kissed my forehead. "I'll call you and let you know."

At the station, the man was still swearing from his holding cell. "Ghost f*cking killed my brothers and you're f*cking putting me here? He's a killer. Sh*t! Listen to me! The Sinners! He's one of them!"

I walked up to his cell, staring at him. Sinner? Ghost had a tattoo of it and this man is saying he's one of them? My mind went wild, trying to understand. "Ghost is a Sinner? What is Sinner?"

The man glared at me, fury in his face. "A so-called organization that has an assassin to 'clean' up their problems who your people keep failing to catch."

"First of all, we're not catching him. He hasn't committed a crime."

He laughed harshly. "He's not a part-time killer. Ghost doesn't leave a trace and if he does, he wants you to see him."

"What has Ghost got to do with you getting caught?"

"If I didn't kill Kroft, he would have."

The pieces started coming together very slowly. "He was in New York to kill Kroft but why?"

"Kroft had information that would put Ghost in prison. So I shouldn't be here. I want to f*cking leave."

"Hold on," I said incredulous. "You shot five people, killed Kroft, went on a witch-hunt for an assassin and disabled CCTV in a building but you think you shouldn't be here?"

"If I stay here, I will die," he replied, panic in his voice. "Ghost will kill me."

"He told me that he's coming..." My eyes widened. "Sh*t. I need to talk to someone." Harry walked past and I grabbed his arm.

"What are you doing?" He asked, shrugging off my grip on him.

"I need security on this guy." Harry stared at me as if I was mad but I nodded earnestly. "Ghost is going to kill this man if we don't and we both know we'll never find enough evidence to even make him a suspect."

"Malia." Harry began, pointing to the man behind bars. "This guy has killed someone and left innocent people injured. It's a bit strange if I suddenly ask for his protection."