Act 2:|| Sammie's Diner

Start from the beginning

The two walk over to Dad's side and Dad rolled the window down, the short haired guy leans over drapping his arms over the door.
"Hey Mister Collins, we still got work to do, but we're gonna take a break. Your AC unit too needs fixin."
The guy looked at me and whistled.
"That Sammie?"

"Of course I'm Sammie and who are you?!"
I say sarcastically.

"I'm Ace remember?"
Ace chuckled.

"Huh?!"
I gape at him.
"I don't remember you looking so meh."
I do a hand moving on waves motion.

"Sammie has memory issues now boys."
Dad counters, stopping me from firing more sarcastic remarks.

"She does? Sorry about that then."
Ace looked like he was disappointed I don't remember that much about his looks.

"Why don't we all go to your restaurant Mister Collins? I bet Sammie is hungry."
The other man leans down looking through the window next.
"Hey Sammie I'm Blaze.
Been awhile since we've seen you.
You've changed."
Blaze smirks at me.

Has he always smirked like that?
No back then he was a moody, pissy, but nice boy back then, and now he smirks at me? Back then he would frown all the time.
I thought to myself, and Dad's click of his tongue brought me out of my thoughts.

"Well it's up to Sammie."
Dad looked to me.
"Wanna eat at my restaurant hon?"

I perk up at the offer, and nod.
"Sure."

"We will follow you in our truck then.
We already locked up the house."
Blaze hands Dad the keys to the house.

"Alright meet you at my restaurant."
Dad waves to them, and I watch them get into their truck, and they turn on their roaring engine, then they pull out.
Blaze was the driver.
Dad pulled out too, and drove off, following their truck, driving into Moncks Corner next.

All I know is when I left Dad had just built the restaurant and hadn't gotten workers yet, so this will be my first time eating at Dad's restaurant.
"Where is your restaurant?"
I ask Dad.

"By the train tracks here in Monks Corner."
Dad tells me.
"That's right you left as I just finished building the place. You know their father helped build it for me with their help."
Dad smiled as he drove.
"I named it Sammie's Diner."

"You named it after me?"
I ask, feeling warmth in my heart he named the restaurant after me.

"Yeah, I thought it would make your mother happy naming it after you, since she never got to hold you. Your mother would be proud of you and me making her dream come true. I think your autism came from her Dad's side, her Dad had a brother with a mind of a child. He passed away when she was fourteen from eating something he shouldn't of."
Dad keeps talking, in which I listened.
"I think it skipped to you."

"I figured someone in our family had it other than me since its genetic. The only thing I was good at was taking care of Aunt Dee. I never got a driver's license nor a job. I wanted to take care of her which was good for me. It made me learn independence."
I tell Dad, as he pulled into a small concrete parking area, and a sign saying Sammie's Diner stood tall over a little building that looked a cabin with an open area big porch, surrounded my screen windows and one metal screen door.

Dad parked next to the red truck of Blaze and Ace's and shut the engine off.
"I'm glad you took care of her for so long. I think she knew she would die, and wanted her favorite niece by her side until the end. I'm also glad you would accept her dying wish to be with you until she passed. Like your mother you are kind and compassionate, and you would do anything to help those in need like your mother would of done for me when I hurt my ankle. You are just like her, and you deserve so much better than Ron doing you wrong. Which is why I wanted you to come home too so you can get away from the pain and be with me hon."
Dad side hugs me in the car.
"I'd do anything to make my baby girl happy again."