newt

Newt when he finds out that you have the flare

"Why didn't you tell me?" Newt sobbed as you coughed up blood. He sat down beside you, picked up your head and rested it on his legs, his fingers combing through your hair. His tears dripped onto your face as he continued to cry.

"I didn't want you to worry. I thought that if I didn't tell you I could just wait until there was a cure or I could go out in a blaze of glory." You smiled weakly, your mouth filled with the taste of your own blood, Newt laughed lightly.

Tears slowly started to leak from your eyes.

"God, I love you." Newt whispered, leaning down and placing a gentle kiss on your forehead. Tears still pouring down his face.

"I love you too. Now go. I don't want you to see me lose my marbles." You grimaced, wiping the blood off your mouth and slowly sitting up. Newt shook his head.

"No. I'm not leaving you." He cried, pressing his forehead against your own. You closed your eyes and sighed, more tears fell from your eyes.

"You have to. I don't want you to see me dying. Unless..." You trailed off, Newt knew what you were thinking. He started sobbing again, "Shhh, its okay. I don't want you to see me become one of those monsters." You whispered to him, holding his face between your hands as he nodded. Reaching for the gun that was in his pocket.

"I love you, so much." You cried, pressing your lips against his. He kissed back.

"I'll wait. I'll see you again." He muttered, tears still falling. He kissed your forehead and pressed the gun to your head.

BANG

Newt walked out of the small hut that the pair of you were in.

"Where's (y/n)?" Thomas asked, turning to see Newt crying, blood covered his hands and a gun in his hand.

"She's gone, Tommy." He cried as Thomas pulled him into a hug.

----

Sorry this is long and sad