Finite

Tina's POV

   I stumble as the ground shakes around me, almost falling to the ground. Out of everything, I never expected this much power from Grindelwald. I knew he was powerful, but transorming himself into a dragon?
   "Watch out! "Newt shouts.
   I look up to see the dragon coming towards me.
   "Protego! "I shout.
   He hits the shield and backs away.
   "We need to contain it! "Theseus cries out.
   "We need two more persons!"I reply. "Otherwise the circle won't close! "
   Queenie and Jacob have to come any moment now, or everything will be lost.
   Theseus fires a spell at the dragon. It doesn't damage it as it bounces off him and backfires towards Newt, who quickly ducks out of the way, falling on his side. He stands up and looks in his top pocket anxiously. I realize, in horror, that Pickett is in incredible danger right now. He is lucky if Newt hasn't squashed him when he fell.
   I see Pickett appearing from the pocket and I  let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.
   All of the sudden, I feel a searing pain and I fall to the ground,trying not to scream. I look up to see that the dragon has just hit me, my attention being on Newt and Pickett.
   I breathe heavily and try to produce a shield charm, but it's no use. I am too weak to even move. Not having another choice, I close my eyes, bracing myself, as the dragon comes closer for one final hit.
   But it never comes .
   "Protego!" Newt shouts.
   I open my eyes to see him standing above me as the dragon backs away,going up in the sky and dissapearing in the clouds.
   Newt looks at me, worried.
   "Tina, are you alright?"
   I nod slowly.
   I was this close. I was so close to dying and I just.. gave in. I didn't try to fight. I just stood there. Why? Why didn't I do something?
   "Tina, it was not your fault. It was a powerful hit." Newt says, as if reading my mind.
   I give a small smile to reassure him. Yes it was a powerful hit, but I should've managed.
   He extends his hand and I grab it to stand up.  A moment of silence passes between us, an unspoken question.
   What are we going to do?
   I hear a faint pop and look to see Queenie standing behind me, a panicked look on her face. She is holding Newt's case. Seeing it, he  immediately rushes to it and opens it.
   "Oi! Pick, get in!"
  Normally I feel like the bowtruckle would protest, but thank Parcelcius, he understood the situation. He hops right in.
   "No-Dougal, settle down. I know you're hungry, but I can't come now."
   I just want to go in the case myself and get away from everything, but that is just a foolish thought.
   "Where is Jacob?" I ask Queenie.
   "I left him at Elaine's-"
   "What? Queenie, we need him!"
   "For what?"
   "There need to be five people to-"
   I stop as I turn pale. Five magical people. How could I overlook this? I was so caught up with the fight I didn't even think about it! "
   "What do we do now? "Queenie says, reading my mind.
   "We.. We have to try." I stammer.
   A roar announces that the dragon is coming to the ground again.
   "Wands into the earth!" I yell. "We have to contain it!"
   "But we are not-" Theseus starts.
   "I know! Do you have a better idea?"
   He does not respond.
   "Me and Queenie on the left bank of the Thames and you two on the other one!"
   Theseus Dissapparates immediately.
   Newt looks at me for a second.
   "Good luck. Be careful." he says before he Dissaparates as well.
   I inhale deeply and do the same.

Elaine's POV

   I run as fast as I can on the streets of London. I don't have much time.
   My legs hurt like hell and I can barely breathe, but I can't stop. Not when I'm so close to the bridge.
   I take a left and see  the dark Hammersmith bridge coming into view,but my legs give out and I fall to the ground. Partly because of fatigue, but mostly because of what I am seeing. The blue dragon is coming to the ground. He is way bigger  and more daunting than I thought. His wing span almost as big as the bridge.
   What have I gotten myself into?
   I shakily get up and walk closer. As I almost step on the bridge, I hear Tina and Queenie.
   "Finite!" they shout.
   A fire line forms, going over the Thames and meeting another one from the other bank. That's where Newt and Theseus have to be.
A circle starts to form as I hold my breath. Maybe it's enough. Maybe four people are enough.
   But as the line resches the bridge it comes to a halt.
   I take a deep breath in and reach for the potion as I run to the middle of the bridge. I unscrew the cap and bring it to my lips,but hesitate.
   What if it doesn't work? Then I will do more bad than good.
   I hear another roar and I see the dragon coming for the hole in the circle. Meaning it's coming to me. My hands are shaking and I feel light headed. If I don't make a decision now, I won't get another chance.
   So I decide.
   I drink the potion.
   It's so awful I want to lean over and throw up, but I manage not to. Breathing deeply, I gather all my courage and look at Tina and Queenie. They happen to also look up and they see me. I can see the terror in their faces as we lock eyes.
   The response is immediate. I feel myself losing consciousness, falling into the darkness.
   Keep it together. Keep it together. Control it!
   I hold on long enough to feel the wand appearing in my hand, but the darkness engulfs me more and more. 
   As I feel my last bit of consciousness being drained from me, I suddenly am filled with an inhuman power and regain control. I grip the wand tighter.
   I. am. in. control.
   "Finite!" I scream,and I feel all that power inside me being transferred into the wand,
   The circle closes just as the dragon reaches me. He doesn't have time to turn around and slams into the fire at full power. It lets out a deafening roar as it falls into the water beneath him, dissapearing.
   Silence.
   The adrenaline that made me keep going is gone now. My legs give out as I faint.

***
   "Elaine. Elaine!"
   I open my eyes, groaning,to see a face looking down at me. It's Tina.
   I quickly jerk my head to the side.
   "I don't think you need to worry about that anymore." she says.
   I gingerly look back at her. I don't feel anything.
   I look around while sitting up. They are all around me. Newt, Tina, Queenie and a man I pressume is Theseus. I don't feel an attracion towards any of them. I look at each of them one more time, just to make sure.
   I am free.
   I want to get up and dance, my hands in the air and sing from happiness. But this is probably not the best time. I resort to smiling widely.
   Queenie giggles, probably reading my mind.
   I start to stand up and realize I am holding something. Curious, I look.
   It's a wand.

______
Insert "Wands into the earth" from COG soundtrack. (yes I actually had this song in mind when I thought of this chapter)
I cannot believe I finnally wrote the Finite part. I had this scene in mind since before I even started this book.
It is not over though. Things will happen, secrets will be revealed  (I actually have no idea, but I'll think of something :)))
Also, over 300 views?? I... have no words.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Thanks so much for reading!