The Truth

Elaine's POV

   I pace around the hall as I wait anxiously,almost jumping up and down from excitement.
   They are coming. My parents are finally coming back home today!
   I hear footsteps. Voices. A key in the lock. And there they are!
   "Mom! Dad!" I shout.
   "Elaine!" they say happily, opening their arms. I run to hug them. We stay there, the three of us, hugging. Gosh, how much I've missed them.
   I pull away and they fall to the ground.
   "Mom? Dad?" I say, panicked.
   They are lying on the floor, eyes wide open staring at the ceiling.
   "No, no.." I say, stumbling back.
   I killed them. I know it. I killed my parents.
I bump into something. I turn around to see Mrs Anne. Behind her is a blonde haired girl, followed my a small, dark haired boy.
   I killed all of them.
   I fall to the ground, sobbing.
   "Stop it, just control it." the boy says. They all start forming a circle around me.
   "Control it, control it, control it" they all chant.
   I just scream, covering my ears,trying to block out the voices. The people. The pain.

   I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling in horror. I exhale, my breath coming out in a chocked sob. I'm in my bed.
   It was just a dream. Just a dream.
   But that dream could become a reality.
   "She's awake"
   I look to my right and freeze. I am not alone. A man in a blue coat is sitting on a chair, a case in his lap, looking in the distance. A woman with golden hair is talking silently with another man.
   And there is the girl who just talked. She has brown hair and is wearing a grey coat. She is also on the bed, her back leaned against the wall. Her voice is weak.
   The memories come flooding into my mind.
   "Who did I kill?" I whisper, a tear rolling down my cheek.
   "Elaine-"
   "Who did I kill?" I say louder.
   "You didn't kill anyone." says the man wearing the blue coat.
   "What? How? " I say, in disbelief. It always ends the same. Always.
   "Look, Elaine, there are some things you need to know." he says.
   I sit up.
   "What? Who are you?" I say, looking at all of them.
   "I'm Jacob" says the man holding hands with the girl. "This is Queenie, Tina and Newt." he says, pointing towards them. Queenie is the one holding his hand. Tina is the one who is on the bed, and Newt is the one with the case.
   "What are you doing here?"
   "We're here to help." says Tina. "As you probably know, you have been.." she trails off.
   I look down.
   "I'm sorry, I don-"
   "We know it's not your fault." says Newt.
   I look up, surprised.
   "You know? How?"
   "Well, for starters, you don't look like yourself when, um.. " he stammers. "And, um, you are a Muggle so you technically can't do any magic unless-"
   "Wait, wait, wait. What are you talking about? Muggle? Magic? What is this?"
   Newt looks at Tina, who nods and starts talking.
   "Elaine.. Magic exists. And someone is controlling you using it."
   I just stare at her, eyes wide.
   "Alright.." I manage to say slowly. "So you are a witch?"
   "Yes."
   My confusion turns into panic. If what she is saying is true, then she can kill me in a second.
   "Don't worry, we won't hurt you." says Queenie.
   "How-You can read minds!" I exclaim, looking at all of them in horror.
   "Just me, hon. You see, I'm a Legillimens."
   "A what?"
   "It means I can read minds."
   "Oh. Wow." I whisper, stunned.
   "I know it's a lot to take in,but we have to talk about what is happening."
   I nod, propping a pillow against the wall so I can sit more comfortably.
   "Are you all wizards?" I ask.
   "No." Jacob answers. "I'm like you."
   "You mean you can't do magic?"
   "Nope."
   "But you know about it."
   "Yup."
   "How?"
   "It's.. a long story" he says chuckling.
   I don't laugh.
   He coughs and looks down.
   "What do you need to know?" Tina asks.
   "Well.." I say.
   There are so many thing I want to know. Why is this happening? What am I? Who is controlling me? But there is something I need to know before everything else.
   "What did I do before I fainted?"
   I see Newt looking at Tina, a pained look on his face.
   "You, um, kept your eyes fixed on me, and a wand appeared in your hand-"
   "A wand?"
   "It's what you do magic with."
   "Oh. "
   "Er, and Tina tried to stop you and you.." he trails of.
   "What? " I whisper,knowing I did something bad.
   "You.. You fired a spell that tortured her." he says, his voice turning into a whisper towards the end.
   I feel sick. I tortured her?
   I look at Tina, tears in my eyes.
   "I'm sorry" I cry.
   She smiles sadly.
   "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault."
    I nod, but I know that I am partly responsible. Maybe if I concentrated harder I could've stopped it.
   "And how did you stop me?"
   "I disarmed you and you fainted."
   I gulp, my throat suddenly dry.
   "What are you going to do now? Turn me in?"
    "That's what we should do but.. I want to know who is controlling you first." Tina says.
   "Can you stop it?"
   "No-"
   "Yes" says Newt, interrupting her.
   We all look at him.
   "I mean, I think I can. I managed to extract a bit of the liquid the Erumpent has in its horn and I alterated it.. I think it has properties that could help you."
   "Newt, that's great-" I start, ignoring the word Erumpent, knowing it's probably a term I don't know.
   "But I only managed to extract a tiny bit, so it could only help once. I suggest we keep it."
   "Yeah.." I whisper.
    So I would go through this again. It won't stop.
   "Don't worry." says Queenie. "We will stay with you, and we will help."
   "I don't want to stay with you.Who knows what I'll do..I don't want to hurt you. "
   "We can take care of ourselves. We can protect ourselves." she says, pointing to her wand.
   I nod, pulling myself togehter.
   "Okay, so tell me more about this magic thing."

_________

Over 150 views? I cannot express my gratitude, thank you sooooo much!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!

Thanks so much for reading! :)